INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong? Multiple videos will only play one at a time  (Read 3802 times)

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not

I added a dozen or so videos to "Playing Now" and tried to play them all, one after the other, but MC will only play them one at a time and I have to manually switch to the next video each time one ends. I used to have it set where it would play ALL the files in “playing now” or in a Playlist without my having to do anything. I have checked the settings and have it set to play in "continuous mode" but do not see any other settings that would affect this behavior. I know it has got to be something simple I am overlooking....... your help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chasoscar

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost

What filetype are the videos? I had the same thing but only with with Flash Videos (flv). Removing some codecpacks (different packs on different PCs) and installing cccp (http://www.cccp-project.net/) did the trick for me.

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not

Thanks for your reply StFeder.......
The files are both avi and mpg and at one time they all played one after the other without a problem. I have made no significant changes to my system or MC11 and even tried an earlier backup when I was sure it worked but with no luck......... I will check out the cccp. Anyone else have any ideas what could have happened?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost

Just some things to keep in mind:

1. The problem shouldn't be related directly with MC11. MC11 didn't change, so the reason should be elsewhere.
2. MC11 (and MC12 also) doesn't have an option which lets Playback stop after each videofile.
3. Because it shouldn't be related with MC directly, you may have installed some codecs in the past which may have changed something with windows global video playback system. Perhaps they are not installed seperatly but as a part of another multimedia program...

I'd suggest you take a look at MCs videoplayback options and (carefully) play around with them. I'm not sure, I think you'll find them at "Tools -> Options -> Playback -> Video" or something similar. When I had my problems with flv I found some good working settings (before CCCP solved all my problems).
Pages: [1]   Go Up