INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: getting hauppauge 45 button to launch j.river  (Read 2700 times)

djkaz

• Recent member
getting hauppauge 45 button to launch j.river
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:38:47 pm »

anyone been able to make this happen?  I'd like to use my "videos" button on my hauppauge 45 button remote to launch j.river, not havin much luck figurin it out on my own.  I tried using firefly remote, and I absolutely detest it.

Anyone recommend either a remote to use with J.river or an application to make it launch what i want the buttons to do?

thanks

Jeff

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: getting hauppauge 45 button to launch j.river
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 12:07:56 pm »

GRNPOWER={run(C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /MCC 10014)}

I think the /MCC 10014 is telling it to open in theater view so if you do not want that delete it.

You should just be able to replace the GRNPOWER with what ever button you want to use. Check out the Wiki also as you may need to set up other things for your resouce xml file.

This is what I have in my irremote..in for Media Center

[Media Center]
0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
GRNPOWER={run(C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /MCC 10014)}
; GRNPOWER={ALT}{SPACE}n {ALT}{TAB}
NAVDOWN={DOWN}
NAVUP={UP}
NAVRIGHT={right}
NAVLEFT={left}
CHNLUP={pgup}
CHNLDOWN={pgdn}
; CHNLPREV={ctrl}W
MUTE={ctrl}m
VOLUP=+
VOLDOWN=-
GO={home}
OK={enter}
FASTFWD={ctrl}{right}
REWIND={ctrl}{left}
SKIPREV={ctrl}l
SKIPFWD={ctrl}n
BACK={alt}{left}
; MENU={home}
PLAY={ctrl}p
PAUSE={ctrl}p
STOP={ctrl}s
REC={run(C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /MCC 25014)}
; FUNC={ctrl}O
GUIDE={run(C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /MCC 22001,2)}
TVNEW={ctrl}{shift}T
VIDEOS={ctrl}e
MUSIC={ctrl}m
PICTURES={ctrl}i
RADIO={Clear}
; TEXT={ctrl}O
RED={home}
GREEN={run(C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /MCC 25014)}
YELLOW={run(C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /Clear)}
BLUE={ALT}{SPACE}n {ALT}{TAB}

djkaz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:07:46 pm »

so where does that go?  I'm kind of a noob at this.  I assume in the irremote.ini file, but where?

thanks for the help

Jeff

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:55:31 am »

I do not think I can add attachments to this forum or I could send you a guide I found on the net. If you copy and past the above in your irremote.ini at the very bottom and add "Media Ceneter =" under applications and restart the irremote executable MC should recognize the commands. There is a lot of stuff between the bottom and top of the file. To find the place where you add to applications it is easiest to search for "Applications" then add it to what ever is showing in your INI file. I do not think they have to be in the same order as the mappings at the bottom of the file.

[Applications]
Default=
POWERDVD=
GB-PVR=
meedio=
Beyond TV=
Media Center=

You should also read the MC stuff on the resources xml file on the wiki for other customization that you see in my ini file. Also, I never use it but I have some software that simplifies the configuration. I got use to just editing the ini file directly and created a shortcut on the desktop.

Some helpful Wiki Links
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/The_Command_Line
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts

The irremote.ini is I believe in your windows system32 folder in WinXP.

If you PM me with your email I'll email you my INI, the docs and program I have. Also, try thegreenbutton and sagetv forums. Those have a lot of resources if you search for hauppauge remote. I think I have posted to this forum on this topic before also.

Also, remember to make backups of your INI before and after. If you ever reload the haupauge software or have sys failure it is a pain to get it set up again.

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:45:10 am »

Thanks for your tips, very useful!

What I don't quite get is why you have for example

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe

Why is the executable in \system32, and why is it MC12.exe (not the default Media Center.exe)?

I tried using the default install path in irremote.ini and an error window reports the remote is unable to find the app. Do the remote commands run on the old 8.3 file naming convention, and if so, should I be using mediac~1.exe to make it visible?

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 09:29:21 am »

I am certainly no Expert but if you look in the Wiki there may be what you are looking for I just know that that is the only way it works.

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/The_Command_Line

I view this like the old Dos days and the special commands you can still run from the cmd prompt that are not available in Windows. Of course DOS may be before your time but that is what I grew up on so that is what I liken it to.

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 10:30:02 am »

I think:
MC12.exe is a command line tool allowing command line interface with Media Center.
"Media Center.exe" that is found in the program files directory is Media Center itself.

Since MC12.exe is in the system directory there's no worries about it not being found or need to set the system path variable to C:\program files\JRiver\Media Center etc.

Media Center 12.exe is the process that is running when Media Center is running.

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 06:06:11 am »

Thanks for the info and the link !

Excellent. I notice another parameter on the command reference page which I think will be useful too - /Close. Assuming this works from anywhere in MC, I can assign it to a button on my remote and avoid messy exits. On my HTPC, I run MC more or less exclusively in Theater View, which means exiting Theater View before being able to exit MC, which can mean a good few clicks with a remote.

I'll try it out later... 

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 10:29:10 am »

You might want to review the below thread for closing MC.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44359.msg303427#msg303427

There was some discussion there and seem there may be some more else where on the forum.

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 03:03:31 pm »

Thanks again

I've done a bit more slightly informed trial and error.

Getting MC to close with /Close works fine. Great.

Apparently the /MCC commands rely on MC being already running, which is a shame because I'm still trying to get the Audio button on my remote to open MC in Theater View in Audio.

I can get MC to run in Theater View no problem, anyhow, I can just set that in Options. What is odd though is that if I select Theater View as the Mode in Startup Interface, then it always starts in the main menu, regardless of what I choose as Location "Audio, Images, Video and so on. Are these options unavailable options for Theater View startup although you can actually select them? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 03:07:32 pm »

If you run MC's MediaServer, when you close MC, it unloads everything it can but still runs enough of MC that it should work.

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 03:42:06 pm »

Bingo! Thanks a lot Jim, that was just the info I needed. I always wondered what this media server thing was for ;-)

Back to customisation...

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 04:08:40 pm »

What would be really perfect for me is if I could start Theater View in Smartlists. Can't figure how to do that. Not possible ?

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 02:11:01 am »

Hmmm, Resounding silence. I suppose no-one knows how to do that then
Pages: [1]   Go Up