Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: API?  (Read 996 times)

justind

API?
« on: May 26, 2008, 07:12:21 pm »

Is there an available API for interacting with media center 12?

I'm interested in writing some software for myself and am interested if the possible functions are possible.

1. Obtaining a library listing, with library data Genre/Title/Filename/etc.
2. Obtain the Playing Now list
3. Adding/Removing/Modifying the Playing Now list
4. Sending Stop/Play/Pause/FF/RW commands to the currently playing items

My interest is building a remote control application that runs on a tablet PC. I've looked at NetRemote and a few other currently available products and can not find one that does all the things I want. So I'm looking into writing a client/server remote control application myself.

Here's the features I'm actually looking for, in case someone knows of something that actually does ALL of them. I'm really not interested in any applications that can't do all of the following, unless I can freely extend the application to do so.

1. Custom user interface and menus on the Client (Remote) application
2. Ability to control usb-uirt from the Client (Remote) application, that is plugged into the Server application
3. Ability to browse the Music or Video libraries (present on the server) and chose the location to play the music or video ( i may want to play a movie on the tablet pc). Must also display cover art while browsing on the client application.
4. Ability to get and modify the playing now on both the remote and local media centers.
5. Ability to send all the basic commands start/stop/pause/rw/ff to either the locally running media center or the remote media center

So far I've found that NetRemote + Girder comes close, but as far as I can tell doesn't have the ability to browse the library, including cover art.

Any suggestions or directions would be appreciated.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: API?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:20:14 pm »

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

justind

Re: API?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:41:35 pm »

Perfect!

Thanks much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up