INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fill filenames from properties function  (Read 893 times)

goose2

• World Citizen
fill filenames from properties function
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:06:43 pm »

Older versions of MC had the library task "fill filenames from properties", and I found it very useful for moving large batches of files to a different drive after editing tags and other fields....usually after a bunch of new download or rips. I assume it can be done with "Rename, move & copy" but I'm not clear on how to move say, 800 files from a directory on C drive to a directory on E drive. Can someone educate me please.
Many Thanks, Randy

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: fill filenames from properties function
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 12:17:54 pm »

Hey Randy

There are three check boxes on the left hand side of the "Rename, move & copy" window. The lowest shows a 'find and replace' command. You can simply check this, and find:

C:\

and replace with:
E:\

Note that this will actually preserve any other folder structure you have below the C drive.

e.g. C:\Girls Gone Mild\Tens who use Media Center 12.aac

will become:

E:\Girls Gone Mild\Tens who use Media Center 12.aac

And the appropriate subfolders will be created/copied.

A checkbox higher up determines how MC behaves- whether it actually moves, files, copies them or just points its database links to the new destination - allowing you to move them over by another means, which may be faster.

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 12:23:48 pm »

Thanks for the speedy help fitbrit, this makes sense and I can now see that the new function is much more powerful than the old...kudos to the MC team and forum members.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:28:27 pm »

You're welcome. It's nice for me to be able to contribute something useful rather than hassling the team to fix my problems all the time. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up