INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: podcast download order  (Read 1108 times)

romer

podcast download order
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:49:56 pm »

I have downloaded an episode on iTunes and on MC12, the order on MC12 is scrmbled but on iTunes they come across in the right order, Chaper 01...02.. and so on.  How can I get MC12 to keep them in order?
romer

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: podcast download order
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:10:09 am »

For my podcasts, I always use a smartlist to sync with. That way I can sort it exactly like I want and that should solve your issue too.
Jeff

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 07:51:25 am »

DC... I'm curious. In your smartlist, are you able to pick only the most recent of the podcast episodes that you've downloaded? I'd like to setup MC to keep the old episodes (except current news) but only sync the latest to my iPod.

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:31:35 am »

I'm not sure because after I listen to an episode, I delete it. Hence, my smartlist is always the latest. Sounds like you would need to tweak your smartlist somehow to only show the latest ones which you want synced. A new field maybe added that tells whether it needs to be synced or not?
Jeff

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 02:28:14 pm »

FWIW, I sync podcasts using a smartlist that contains only podcasts dated within the last 21 days. I use the field [Date] for determining the date.

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: podcast download order [Wishlist]
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:42:29 am »

Yeah, that makes sense. Some of my feeds don't have the date/time properly tagged, but I can also reference the imported tag since MC is pretty much always running now, and the torrents update every 15 minutes.

wish: A 'force update' button to update a podcast feed.

wish: An 'auto-tag' feature for importing and automatically applying tags given parameters would be freakin' fabulous! Just like the podcast tagging feature but more fields and as much flexibility as the playlists get. That way, I could at least tag those podcasts that do not have the date/time codes embedded with at least the import time.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up