INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play DVD-Audio?  (Read 4489 times)

LBWood

• Recent member
Play DVD-Audio?
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:50:25 am »

While trying to get DTS playback in Media Center, I got into the DirectShow Playback Options dialog and found that the Source side has an entry for "Creative MLP Source Filter". Does this mean that I can configure MC to play a DVD-Audio disc? If so, how would I do that? What would would I need to enable on the Other Filters side? Would I need to make an entry in the File Types list?

Bill S

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Play DVD-Audio?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 10:44:26 am »

Those particular Creative filters are installed when you install the media player that comes with their cards that feature DVD-Audio playback.  Unfortunately they do not appear to work outside of their player - I've tried using them in GraphEdit but it was unable to render the .mlp files.

buddiehollie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 06:46:44 pm »

I tried playing the Beatles 1 album on DVD-Audio and it couldn't play it or any of my other DVD-Audio discs, why is this? I thought this played Hi-Res DVDs?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »

Go get DVD Audio Extractor.

http://dvdae.com/

It can read and rip all of your DVD-As into proper digital containers.  I suggest FLAC.  Then you'll never have to use a physical DVD-A disc again.  It worked well on my (very small) DVD-A collection.

Brian.

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 06:32:32 pm »

Thanks for the info, Brian.  I'm new to multi-channel on MC, but a client has asked me to find a way to play multi-channel (6?) uncompressed DVD Audio files in Linux...with a properly supported DAC (USB?).  I was looking at Motu, a favorite, but don't see any Linux drivers...  Any suggestions or point me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance.
==
roognation
human electrode
Pages: [1]   Go Up