INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod not deleting files  (Read 1610 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
iPod not deleting files
« on: June 10, 2008, 10:49:43 am »

Last night while attempting to sync my 160GB iPod Video I noticed that I was running low on space. What I noticed is that even though I have the options set to delete items not in the sync list all of my videos remained on the iPod anyway. What I have been doing is using DVR software to capture TV shows, Movies, etc and syncing them via smartlist to my iPod . I use them while commuting to work. Once viewed I delete them from the library in MC and select the option to permanently delete from the disk in order to save disk space.

I'm wondering if MC is simply failing to delete videos not in the sync list or if the fact that I have deleted them from MC ultimately affect the way MC will handle the iPod sync.

Should MC delete non-existent videos from the iPod on sync or do the files need to remain in the MC library to be valid for iPod deletion?

SwellGuy

Re: iPod not deleting files
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:29:19 pm »

You're not doing anything wrong. MC should be deleting them from the iPod. We had a problem with this that was recently fixed. Are you running the latest version (12.0.512) of MC?

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:29:24 pm »

I'm running 512 as of this past weekend and it was under 512 yesterday that the files did not delete. Could it be that since the earler versions did not dlete the old files 512 left them alone or should 512 have deleted them anyway?

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:59:30 am »

Am noticing similar behaviour with 510. Went through my library and modified a number of tags on video files (just tags, not renaming them). When came time to sync, all the video files that were modified were set to upload, but existing files on the iPod (also 160GB classic) were listed as "On Device" and not "Delete on Sync" as one might expect.

While I'm not running 512, I believe that this bug was supposed to have been sorted out in 506 or so? This only seems to be happening with video files and not music. Can't say anything about photos -- haven't tried those...
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 02:19:11 am »

Compacting the DB after a sync seems to help, but surely this is not the desired work-flow?
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs
Pages: [1]   Go Up