INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some plugins you recommend  (Read 1023 times)

cyanide911

• Recent member
Some plugins you recommend
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:02:50 am »

I used Winamp before, and I'm completely unimpressed with it. I started looking for another media player. iTunes, WMP, Foobar, Jetaudio, MediaMonkey, I tried them all, but finally I've settled on Media Jukebox
I'd like to ask you MJ veterans about some plugins for MJ that you use and like, or would recommend to a MJ newb.
Also, I wanted to know if MJ has an option/feature like MediaMonkey's File Monitor(to find any changes/additions to the media files in a folder and subfolders, and automatically add them to the library.
Finally, I'd like you guys to give me the links and procedures of MJ skins.

Thanks in advance

cyanide911

• Recent member
Re: Some plugins you recommend
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:06:20 am »

And, what is theatre view?
I can see Mini, Standard and Display view.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:22:38 am »

You posted in the MediaCenter board, but you're talking about MediaJukebox, right? ;)

Theater View is a view that allows you a comfortable usage of MediaCenter on a TV and makes it easier to control MediaCenter with a Remote. It's not integrated in the free MediaJukebox version, so you will not find it there ;)

Also, I wanted to know if MJ has an option/feature like another program's File Monitor(to find any changes/additions to the media files in a folder and subfolders, and automatically add them to the library.
For this you may take a look at File -> Library - Auto Import Options There are some options available which can do and configure this job. For other jobs

For me, MC and MJ are very complete without any plugins. The only thing I never would miss is the ugly looking but good working sleep timer plugin available at the MC/MJ Plugin download page. It can shotdown MC/MJ and/or windows after a time you can set or just stop playback after a specificed time.

You also may have a look at KingSpartas Data Master if you are looking for a tool which can download (and upload) lyrics, bios and many more fields (e.g. charts).

For coverlookup and download no plugin is needed. You can rightcklick any audiofile within MC/MJ and select Cover Art -> Get from Internet.

cyanide911

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 10:24:39 am »

Sorry, My bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up