INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Removing Duplicates  (Read 1396 times)

LowWaterMark

• Recent member
Problem Removing Duplicates
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:53:40 am »

A couple of my Amazon albums were inadvertantly duplicated on download and show up that way in the lower pane of "Playing Now".

I have the thirty day trial of MC12.  When I navigate and L-click Player>Playing Now>Remove Duplicates From Playing Now, nothing changes.  I do not get a confirmatory check-mark to the left of the selection and the media player simply plays both copies of each file:  Track 1, Track 1, Track 2, Track 2, Track 3, et cetera.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and if it is correctable from within MC12.  I would like to work with the player and not always default to Windows Explorer to do file deletion, et cetera.

LowWaterMark

• Recent member
Re: Problem Removing Duplicates
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 05:57:12 am »

Sorry, forgot to post system info:

Media Center 12.0.497C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 1989 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1039 MB, Free - 353 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 07:16:52 am »

Hover over each track to see the full path and name.  Are they the same?

LowWaterMark

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:19:34 am »

Yes, they are identical.

LowWaterMark

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 02:30:17 am »

I've realized since posting originally that MC is generating duplicate points to single files - and it has nothing to do with Itunes.  Also, that this is a software issue, according to my search of the word, "duplicate".  I've looked through the dozens of posts, but have yet to see resolution of the problem.  This is one reason I disagree with putting up a forum as the sole means of support for a commercial product.

Question:  Is there any way to remove duplicates from MC?  These are untagged (by me) downloads from Amazon and eMusic.

JimH, any thoughts?

I appreciate any thoughts.  Not that anyone cares, but my using JRiver on several workstatons depends on resolving this.  I have to pull the plug if I cannot.  I like the product but this small thing makes it impossible to use.

-Mark

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 06:57:36 am »

Could you tell the complete filename path of a couple of dublicate tracks (I assume these are audio files from Amazon or eMusic as you said). The complete filename is visible in the "Filename" library field.

How did you add the files to the Playing Now list? The Playing Now list is just what the name implies - a queue of the files to be played. It is independent of what you have imported to MC's library (aka database). The remove duplicates command in Playing Now is for quickly removing the instances when the same track is added more than once to the queue.

You can create a smartlist for searching duplicates in the library. For instance, the modifier: "Only duplicates of: Filename" would show identical filenames that exist more than once. Though, normally these should not exist.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up