INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: "Fill track number from list order"  (Read 1409 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Feature request: "Fill track number from list order"
« on: June 14, 2008, 10:01:12 am »

Hi!

I have a question for a feature i'd like you to consider.

1. Could a dialog for "Fill track number from list order" be added with the possibility to edit the starting number?
2. Could also it either auto-change into episode on movies? Alternatively, make the target property for list number be changeable (not onlly track#)?

Thanks for your time, and have a nice weekend :)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Matchbox

Re: Feature request: "Fill track number from list order"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:34:59 am »

Also, if I only select one file and then choose "fill track number from list order", could it renumber that  single selected file to "1" instead of telling me to select more than on file?

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 02:14:46 pm »

I think this feature would be nice.  Just got through hand numbering a 2 cd set so that the tracks from the second cd kept ascending from the track # at the end of the 1st cd
John

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 06:21:05 pm »

1. Could a dialog for "Fill track number from list order" be added with the possibility to edit the starting number?

I think this feature would be nice.  Just got through hand numbering a 2 cd set so that the tracks from the second cd kept ascending from the track # at the end of the 1st cd

While not exactly obvious, this functionality already exists...
Try the following:

Select a bunch of files.
In the tag action window, click on the track # field to edit it.
type: =counter(1)
Press enter.
All selected tracks will be numbered sequentially, starting from 1

To number the selected tracks sequentially, starting from 15 you would use: =counter(15)

It's possible to specify an increment value too, so if you were looking to number files as 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. you would use: =counter(2,2)

Finally, you can apply the counter to any field for a given selection of files, so you might like to add some leading zeros in there too...
=padnumber(counter(1),3)
would produce 001, 002, 003, 004, etc. etc.

-marko.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:48:42 pm »

thank you, Marko.  that seems just fine.
John

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 04:00:36 am »

I kinda expected I could use that counter, but what i tried it on earlier did not sort out very well. This should be fairly easy to remember, though:)

Thanks Markko!

But I would still hold a little finger on request 1, for the really newbies...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up