INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album View 2  (Read 1203 times)

nila

Album View 2
« on: July 30, 2002, 08:44:26 pm »

Hey hey,
I'm back, been on holliday travelling around Europe for the last two-three weeks. Just hit two spots really, Barcelona and Baritz. Both were full of FINE women so it was all good. Drove around with like 10 friends and had a load of fun.

Anyway, was just wonderin how AV2's coming along. Read a post sayin your personal life is sorted out which is always good news, a computer program is never more important than real life. But if we can have both then hey, even better.

Any new news?

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
RE:Album View 2
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 10:44:36 pm »

Hi Nila,

I'm glad you had a nice holiday ... I hope you didn't get drunk too much :D

As it stands I'm not happy with the speed/performance of the VB code so I am going to re-write the whole darn thing from scratch in C|PLS||PLS|.

Unfortunately it does mean that I have to buy in some 3rd party tools to get the Office XP look'n'feel and I think I have decided on http://www.infragistics.com/products/activex/ultratoolbars.asp ... but since it's $200 I will probably be asking people to donate $5 to help cover my costs.

I am just going thru the design stage at the moment and I will be coding in ernest this weekend.

I have broken the project down into several stages ... in order these are:

1)  Get the UI "shell" sorted ... i.e. duplicate the VB AV2 look'n'feel.
2)  Write the database and thumbnails.
3)  Read the database and thumbnails.
4)  Link the UI to MediaJukebox.

Hopefully stage one shouldn't take too long as I already know what the UI should look like ... it's just a matter of implementing it :D

I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Nila

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 05:33:47 am »

Yo Rhino,
Pity about the extra work but the speed will definitely be welcomed and so will all the other benefits of c|PLS||PLS|.
Pity about the extra time it'll make everything take.

Cant wait till u have a version I can use.
keep us updated.

As for the donations, I cant see many people objecting. Everyone loves AV. You never know, even Matt and Jim and the other MJ guys might donate :) lol

Nila

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 05:36:53 am »

Rhino,
Let us know if you want to add a "buy button".  We can supply all the software you need and clear credit cards using the same system MJ uses.

Nila,
Glad you're back in town.  Sounds like trip was a lot of fun.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

MWGilbert

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 06:06:22 am »

since i gladly bought mj (well worth it, i might add) i would be happy to credit card my $5 for your project, which is a quality enhancement to mj.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 06:31:15 am »

Jim:

Thanks for your offer ... I'm not too sure how to implement the donations bit yet but when I get nearer the release time I'll definately get in contact with you if that's ok?

Nila:

I hope people don't object.  There has nearly been 4,000 downloads of AV so even if only 1% donate $5 that's about covered my physical costs.

lee269

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 12:53:20 pm »

Rhino:

You can count on my payment. I reckon you can confidently shell out for the software you need in the knowledge that you will recoup your investment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up