INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What info is stored in the tag? Lost all edited info-mood, pref, tempo etc  (Read 1090 times)

accanada

• Recent member

Hi

i had edited 13000 tags and was specific on each catergory like mood, prefernce, rating, intensity etc.  I keep all my music data on a seperate drive..i had always assumed all my changes were being stored to the tag...  my pc was getting slow so i restored a backup of my OS i loaded MC12 with my music files and the data for the tags is incorrect, missing or inaccurate.  Im unable to restore an old libary because MC12 program files were on the same drive as the OS i cloned.  How can i get the info back or see if its there or I dont know really...  i cant imagine starting again and if i do i want to know how to ensure of the data is being stored in the file itself.

thanks

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...

What format(s) are your music files ?

darichman

• MC Beta Team

Check Tools > Options > General > Update Tags when file info changes

And then for each custom field:
Tools > Options > Library & Folders > User Library Fields
...ensure you have them set to "Store in file tags (if possible)"

MC can read and write tags in most major audio formats (mp3, wma, ape), but you can run into problems with FLAC or apple's formats (m4a, alac).

accanada

• Recent member

The files are mp3's.  I have checked the setting you suggested and all were ok.  I have always used MC with the default settings and I don't change many of them. 

Is it safe to assume ive lost my info..

is i redo all this work should all this info be saved to the actually tag

darichman

• MC Beta Team

I'm not sure what happened. If those settings were checked, MC will save the data to the appropriate fields in the ID3 tags. For custom fields you have created, it will store them in the comment field of the ID3 tags

Does your current MC library include the custom fields you mentioned? Are you sure they have the EXACT same names as before your data was lost?

If so... have you tried a right click > library tools > update library from tags

Short of that, if you have an external program that can view ID3 tags, check the comment fields and see if there are any Media Center entries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up