INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13 Feature Requests  (Read 92342 times)

Qoolos

• EclecticRadio
Re: Media Center 13 Feature Requests
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2008, 08:19:59 pm »

It would be nice to have an address bar in the built-in browser, so I can type in a URL from within JRiver and launch the site without leaving the player :)
Check us out on www.eclecticradio.nl. Non-stop eclectic house radio!

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2008, 11:05:26 pm »

more robust 'undo'/'redo' -
1. when I accidentally delete a song from a playlist, I can't 'undo' that and instead have to go find it again.
2. in general, some way to know *what* is going to be undone/redone, so I'm sure it's what I expect. Sometimes I've been surprised. Maybe just update the menu text each time - ie from just 'undo' to a more descriptive 'undo file deletion', etc...?

ABx

• Recent member
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2008, 03:04:26 am »

One other thing that I would really like is the ability to add a playlist to "My Web Media." When you play a stream from a site like SomaFM, it downloads a playlist that contains multiple servers in case one (or more) of them is down or already at capacity. It would be great if we could have all of those servers under one entry in My Web Media.

It would also be nice if specifying a 'name' for a stream in the dialog that displays when you play a stream actually changed the name of the entry in My Web Media. The fact that it doesn't already do this is frustrating.

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2008, 09:12:59 am »

MC12 already does dang near everything I'd ask for.

But there are a couple of things I'd wish for.

1) Somebody else voted for it too, but true database support would be fantastic, especially if it supported multiple machines hitting a single database simultaneously. If you run MC on a server to server up audio but also occasionally run it from a workstation to import and tag tracks, etc, it's a pain they can't use the same DB (read and write).

2) Improvements/enhancements to the plugin model. I know this is terribly generic, but the more capability that's exposed, the better.

3) A nice café mocha warmed by that Core 2 Quad<g>

Darin

craft

« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2008, 04:50:39 pm »

null

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2008, 05:30:24 pm »

a "rotate according to EXIF orientation" command

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2008, 06:27:38 pm »

Duplicated from my post elsewhere (sorry, didn't realise this thread existed!)

Currently, the 3d visualisations that display images (Image Cube and Slideshow) stretch the images to make them fit the 3d object that's displaying them, which is far from ideal unless all your images happen to be the right aspect ratio.

It would be great if we could have the following options:
- stretch to fit (i.e. what we have now)
- crop (i.e. chop off top and bottom or sides)
- display bars to fill the aspect

This is what you'd normally get with any slideshow application, and it's what would get me actually using these visualisations :-)

I realise the fact that they're textures on 3d objects makes it a bit more complicated, but seems worth looking at...

e-head

• World Citizen
« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2008, 09:10:56 am »

I don't know if this has been requested, but it should have been:

iPod gapless playback for ALL files, not just LAME encoded.

You guys need to come up with a database field like iTunes has that represents the gapless info, and upon importing music you should scan it to figure out the gapless playback info. iTunes does this for ALL music files, and it works pretty darn great. I think you guys can cook up an algorithm just as spiffy as theirs.

This would be useful for gapless playback in the player itself, as well.

This would be a huge feature for all the audiophiles out there.

ProblemChild

• Junior Woodchuck
  • But I don't wanna be the same as everybody else...
« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2008, 09:36:26 am »

Edit \ Select Group
a keybd shortcut would be helpful too.

Matchbox

« Reply #259 on: November 03, 2008, 07:46:46 pm »

Back when we all had actual multiple disc cd players.... we had a button called "Next Disc" to advance to the next album.

It would be great to have a "Advance to Next  Album" and "Advance to Next Artist" button.  Personally I wouldn't need it in the gui, if I'm looking at the gui, I can click to play what I want.

But having those options as MC13.exe commands so I can execute them remotely would be great.

These features would have little use for those that play single tracks or shuffle, but for those that play ALBUMS, they would be very useful.

Actually - I have implemented them myself using the PlayingNow plugin and some of C++ code.

I have PlayingNow write out a file on each track change (shown below).

Then when I execute my C++ nextAlbum program, it reads the file, and keeps calling "MC12.exe /command next" until the file contains a different artist and album name.

Obviously this is messy and noisy and the first few seconds of each track are played while my pgm waits for the PlayingNow plugin to write out new data to read.

[PLAYING_NOW]
DURATION="4:01"
TRACK="1"
ARTIST="Woods, Matt"
ALBUM="2007 Be My Friend"
SONG="She Used to Be Your Woman"
PLAYCOUNT="6"
GENRE="Blues"
GENRE_ALL=" Blues;Rock "
YEAR="2007"
NEXT_ARTIST=" Woods, Matt "
NEXT_ALBUM=" 2007 Be My Friend "
NEXT_SONG=" The Law "
RATING="5"
LASTPLAYED="11/1/2008 6:22 PM"
SOURCE="mp3-320"
FILETYPE=" mp3 "
[END]

mmlevin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2008, 07:04:51 pm »

UPnP Support:

1).  A variable usable in smartlists which allows you to specify the MAC or IP address of a UPnP media box as a criteria.  So, for example, you could create a smartlist that says "If the MAC is (the kids) and the Access Rating is < PG-13" thus, to that MAC, only those movies rater below PG-13 would by visible or accessible to the kids.
2).  A variable for the current time, usable in smartlists, which would allow you to vary the included content based on time of day.  For example, you could not have any X-rated content show except late at night.

3).  Some kind of support for subtitles-- such as SRT by the same name in the same directory as an MPG causes the subtitle information to be streamed.

4).  UPnP support for un-protected DVDs, so you could put an entire DVD in a directory (or in the physical drive) and have full DVD navigation capability streamed to a media receiver.

5).  Follow-me:  When you pause or stop a movie at a particular media server and go to another room, it would be really nice to have a way of picking up from where you were.  My suggestion is- save the position info for each unique IP address from which a video is streamed.  Have a "playlist" of automatically generated "paused" movies, accessible from anywhere.  The playlist could display in terms of a nickname for each IP address (Living Room, Master Bedroom, Bob's Room, etc.) and doesn't even need to ID the title or position.  If you want to pick up in the Master Bedroom from a film you were watching in the Family Room, you go the Master Bedroom, select the "paused movies" playlist, select "Family Room" and press select.  Your film would continue from right where you left off.

6).  A "monitor" function that allows you to see (on the MC12 computer) each UPnP connection, its status (playing, paused, stopped, etc.), the title and the position in the film.

I'm using MC exclusively as a UPnP server on a dedicated box with 5.5 Tb of storage.  I'm very happy with the data organizational abilities of MC, but am looking for more UPnP capability.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2008, 01:16:16 pm »

The ability to display user defined tags/fields with the built-in visualizations and/or album art display.  Album and artist are fine, but I'd like the ability to customize what gets displayed.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2008, 01:29:36 pm »

Back when we all had actual multiple disc cd players.... we had a button called "Next Disc" to advance to the next album.

It would be great to have a "Advance to Next  Album" and "Advance to Next Artist" button.  Personally I wouldn't need it in the gui, if I'm looking at the gui, I can click to play what I want.

But having those options as MC13.exe commands so I can execute them remotely would be great.

These features would have little use for those that play single tracks or shuffle, but for those that play ALBUMS, they would be very useful.

Actually - I have implemented them myself using the PlayingNow plugin and some of C++ code.

I have PlayingNow write out a file on each track change (shown below).

Then when I execute my C++ nextAlbum program, it reads the file, and keeps calling "MC12.exe /command next" until the file contains a different artist and album name.

Obviously this is messy and noisy and the first few seconds of each track are played while my pgm waits for the PlayingNow plugin to write out new data to read.

It'd be nice to actually have Advance to next [any field] option. I usually use shuffle, but it would be interesting to be able to add advance to next artist/album/year/genre/whatever. could also be useful in TV. advance to next date (if i want to watch my tv shows in sequential air date), or next episode if i want a marathon, or next series if i just want to change the show, etc etc etc.

aidan.nashwood

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 13 Feature Requests - my short list
« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2008, 07:18:00 pm »

My quick list
1. Ability to act as a UPNP/DLNA Client for all media, so I can attach to a myriad of other servers
2. Ability to store tagging information with every type of file, particulary the video file types (even if it is a proprietory format(but xml) for now)
3. Ability to import movie information tags and covers from somewhere....
4. Full x64 platform support

Keep up the good work

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2008, 05:28:14 pm »

theatre view:

"Alpha" property for text tag... like:

<TEXT>
   <Item Text="[Time]" Location="***" TextColor="FFFFFF" Rect="72,3,96,7.5" Capitalization="0" Alignment="1" Alpha="50" />
</TEXT>

VenoM

• Recent member
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2008, 12:25:50 pm »

I've been eyeing this program for a while and I'd really like to see more versatile zone control. It's a bit of a pain to have to navigate through the menus the way it stands. I'd like to see an optional set of buttons for different zone controls including syncing, as well as windows messages to sync any zone to any zone and a way of telling the statuses of the different zones for use with third party software. It would also be great if there were a way to play files (MP3s, WAVs, etc.) through a command line to certain zones over certain channels. For instance, if you would like to play "welcome.wav" in zone 3 over the left channel.

I feel that multi-zone audio is one of J River Media Center's most useful features and I'd like to see it used to it's full potential.
Thanks for listening.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:31 pm »

I've been eyeing this program for a while and I'd really like to see more versatile zone control. It's a bit of a pain to have to navigate through the menus the way it stands.

In MC 12 (and 13?) You can add a Zones button to the bottom toolbar.  Right click on the toolbar and choose "Custom Toolbar".  Select the Zones button in the left and click the right pointing arrow to add it to the list of displayed buttons.  You might set "Show text labels" if the icon isn't self-explanatory.

When you click on the Zones button, a short menu pops up.  Very handy for changing the zone you are working with in the UI.

That's not all of your list but maybe it helps.

Bill

VenoM

• Recent member
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2008, 12:56:06 pm »

Thanks for the pointer. I'll take a look at that.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2008, 01:20:54 pm »

Thanks for the pointer. I'll take a look at that.

My toolbar has buttons for

Zones
Playing Now
Recently Imported
Rip disk
Tag
Import Folder

I agree that the MC menus are a bit of a pain.  I don't have to use them that much.

Bill

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #269 on: November 13, 2008, 01:43:25 pm »

theatre view:

"Alpha" property for text tag... like:

<TEXT>
   <Item Text="[Time]" Location="***" TextColor="FFFFFF" Rect="72,3,96,7.5" Capitalization="0" Alignment="1" Alpha="50" />
</TEXT>

Hey, that one was easy.  In a coming build:
NEW: Theater View text objects support "alpha", just like image objects (0-100).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2008, 09:21:04 pm »

turn Library Server inside-out   8)

I want the install of MC13 on my laptop to control the MC13 install on my server, playing through the server's soundcard. [as opposed to Library Server playing out the laptop's soundcard]

I use Library Server to 'serve' my collection to my laptop when away from home, and it is great for playing out of the laptop on the go.
But at home I use the audio card in my server since it has much better sound quality, but still wish to control it from my laptop since the server is headless. A full MC gui on the laptop controlling the MC install on the server would be ideal. Sure would beat having to use Remote Desktop or RealVNC.

oh, one small thing as well
the slider that changes the size of the thumbnails, it would be wonderful if after you slide it you could click the handle to lock it in place.
. . . the game is rigged

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2008, 09:53:47 pm »

turn Library Server inside-out   8)

I want the install of MC13 on my laptop to control the MC13 install on my server, playing through the server's soundcard. [as opposed to Library Server playing out the laptop's soundcard]

I use Library Server to 'serve' my collection to my laptop when away from home, and it is great for playing out of the laptop on the go.
But at home I use the audio card in my server since it has much better sound quality, but still wish to control it from my laptop since the server is headless. A full MC gui on the laptop controlling the MC install on the server would be ideal. Sure would beat having to use Remote Desktop or RealVNC.

I agree.  Being able to use MC on a laptop to play music on a server PC running MC would be a big win for me.  Being able to run the MC UI on a small, cheap device like a PDA or a Nokia 800 to control a sever PC would be good too.  Some [people might like to use an iPod Touch or an iPhone.

I've been asking for this for a long time.

Bill

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2008, 10:13:22 pm »

I agree.  Being able to use MC on a laptop to play music on a server PC running MC would be a big win for me.  Being able to run the MC UI on a small, cheap device like a PDA or a Nokia 800 to control a sever PC would be good too.  Some [people might like to use an iPod Touch or an iPhone.

I've been asking for this for a long time.

Bill

Actually forum member Messiahs made a program to run MC from devices like an iPhone, it is called xpTunes and can be found on the third party plugin board here. It works great too for this purpose.
. . . the game is rigged

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2008, 10:31:02 pm »

Actually forum member messaihs made a program to run MC from devices like an iPhone, it is called xpTunes and can be found on the third party plugin board here. It works great too for this purpose.

The last time I looked, xpTunes didn't provide the functionality of the MC UI.  I listen to a lot of classical music so an interface that is hard wired to an Artist / Album view is not the least bit useful to me.  If I could live with those limits, I could be using any of hundreds of players on Windows.

Question from skeeterfood:   Are there any plans to add a way to browse View Schemes?

Messiahs replied:  I'm sorry but no.  I have to spend too much time for this feature (which i don't use)

I'm happy that Messiahs  provided what some MC users needed.  It just doesn't cut it for me.

Bill

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2008, 01:40:18 am »

@Matt
Hey, that one was easy.  In a coming build:
NEW: Theater View text objects support "alpha", just like image objects (0-100).
thanks !

@listener
no problem, but one point i have to mention...  the interface (html) isn't hard wired to an Artist / Album view. If you have some html skills, you can change it in 1 minutes. thats the big effort of an html interface.

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2008, 07:52:59 am »

'Rename, Move, @ Copy Files' -> Ability to save expressions is greatly needed. It's cumbersome when you have different tasks needing different expressions at the moment.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2008, 04:34:15 am »

One other thing that I would really like is the ability to add a playlist to "My Web Media." When you play a stream from a site like SomaFM, it downloads a playlist that contains multiple servers in case one (or more) of them is down or already at capacity. It would be great if we could have all of those servers under one entry in My Web Media.

It would also be nice if specifying a 'name' for a stream in the dialog that displays when you play a stream actually changed the name of the entry in My Web Media. The fact that it doesn't already do this is frustrating.

Whilst you can't do exactly what you ask, you can add said playlists to the Playlists menu item - even group them, give them whatever name you like AND then play them back from the Playlists menu item in Theater View. ;)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #277 on: November 20, 2008, 06:51:23 am »

'Rename, Move, @ Copy Files' -> Ability to save expressions is greatly needed. It's cumbersome when you have different tasks needing different expressions at the moment.

Yeah I'd get a lot of use out of that one...
I'd like to see a rename profile which combines the Filename and path settings (and included expressions, if you use them). That way you could bring up the Rename/Move/Copy tool, and then just select your "Music" or "Photo" preset etc.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #278 on: November 20, 2008, 08:22:37 am »

I'd suggest an MRU drop-down list for the expressions as well as the drive/folder location and other places such as the "Find & Replace" function under Library Tools.
. . . the game is rigged

Marty3d

« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2008, 08:42:03 am »

Better Undo/Redo functionality. Much better. Please. I never use it since you have no idea what you're undoing. But it would be sooo great. For example, instead of just saying "Undo", you could have some sort of indication of "Undo |Rename Artist" or "Undo | Delete c:\music\path\".

MrHaugen

« Reply #280 on: November 20, 2008, 05:33:03 pm »

Most of this have been mentioned before, but it can't be stressed enough really. With a major leap as version 12 to 13, there should also be at least one major improvement imo. There have been several good additions and enhancements, but none of them are major in my eyes.

1. A renewal of the Theater View. A new way of controling TV and the way it's looking should be a priority. There are several MC editions out there who looks nicer and is easier to control with singel clicks (with enter on remote) etc. A new super smooth skin would not hurt either. Just look at Media Portal, Windows MC, Apple MC and you will see good menu and info layout and/or some really nice loking skins.

2. Full database support. With user logins where you can control who can read and write to the library. Full two way support of multiple machines

3. Video database integration with the basic things like cover art, reviews, rating and watched / not watched.

4. Support of Artist art, series and tv show art etc.

5. Full streaming capability. Not just music.

I hope at least one of this are being looked at for this version.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Marty3d

« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2008, 11:57:31 pm »

5. Full streaming capability. Not just music.

Oh yes, if we can do this for video, I can finally stop using WMP when watching video on my laptop at home.

water1

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2008, 03:59:10 pm »

I would like to have an add in for Windows Home Server that provides the library server to my other computers. My server is the only computer that is on all the time. I don't want to install the complete MC13 or any other program on my server. There are many handy add ins available and Microsoft actually promotes them through their website.
John

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2008, 05:25:37 pm »

Search Modifier for Proximity

I recently asked about this in another post and was told it doesn't exist.  I want to be able to specify that there be X tracks of separation between two tracks from the same artist (or album,etc.), or that sequential photos in a slideshow always have a date separation of X months, or track separation based on any number of other Rules.  We already have a modifier that says don't play a song that's been played within X days, so the concept is not totally foreign to MC.

pillshovel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2008, 01:12:48 pm »

I would like to be able to analyze tracks with Replaygain (album mode) and normalize the tracks when syncing to a portable based on the ReplayGain values without having any ReplayGain info written to the original file.

I would also like to be able to make an .iso of an unprotected DVD and MC be able to play that without having to do any video conversion.  Basically just virtual discs.  If there is a way to do this already please give me a pointer.

Also I would like greater control over which tags get written to the file vs the library.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2008, 01:50:15 pm »

That would be an easy one - but most comforting:
The same way as "Sync handheld" is working I would like the feature "Sync playlist". Its annoying to drag-drop my songs onto the tree item (which is in fact small - chances of missing it are high) - instead it should show up in the action window.

thx

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #286 on: November 24, 2008, 10:37:31 am »

That would be an easy one - but most comforting:
The same way as "Sync handheld" is working I would like the feature "Sync playlist". Its annoying to drag-drop my songs onto the tree item (which is in fact small - chances of missing it are high) - instead it should show up in the action window.

thx

A related item. How about a Last Synched option for playlists. MC doesn't always get play stats from handhelds, my Zen X-Fi for example. With this option you could avoid synching songs that have been synched in the last 30 days, 60, whatever. Combining this with the Last Played modifer would insure I only sync songs that I haven't listened to lately, at home or on the player.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2008, 08:25:40 pm »

- ability to associate an album to a folder of images as Cover Art for that album
- ability to customize the Display cover art selection to display a customized list of database fields WHILE scrolling through the folder of images.
- ability to right-click on an item in any playlist, library, playing now view and select a "Filter On" that would filter for the selected item in a new pane/view.
- ability to create sub-folder/grouping by year of a custom library view.  i collect LOTS of live recordings of multiple artists, sometimes whole tours, and i'd like to create artist library views, with subfolder/groups by year.

arsenal

• Recent member
« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2008, 03:51:55 pm »

• Shell Integration working on Vista 64-bit

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2008, 04:03:53 pm »

We have a lot of balls in the air right now, so no promises on new features.  Still, it's fun to dream. 

So let us hear what you'd like most in MC 13.

Hi Matt,

I have been a user of JRiver Media Center for many many years now. I applaud the support of WASAPI in MC13.

The one single feature that could probably make the biggest difference to sound quality for most people would be support for a convolver so that MC13 would support room correction.

I have been using the open source convolver http://convolver.sourceforge.net/ with the directshow filter but the integration leaves to be desired. Just getting this code integrated well so you can install it as a native DSP effect would be fantastic.

Cheers

Thomas

mmlevin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2008, 12:10:24 am »

How about DVD navigation via UPnP???  (Assuming that DVD's can be saved in a folder, unencrypted).

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2008, 06:11:05 am »

Have I mentioned dual tuner support? The ability to watch one program whilst recording another, PIP etc.

Not a major thing, but a nice to have...

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2008, 06:19:16 am »

i really like to see a new SDK feature "MJPlayback.getcanBePlayed"

Code: [Select]

MJPlayback = mediaCenterRef.GetPlayback
MJPlayback.Play()

at his time the code above throws an Messagebox "'Media Center was unable to play any of the files. Please make sure that the path in Media Library points to the right...." in MC if the file is not available (broken network connection).
... I found no solution to check if a file can be played.

Markus

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2008, 11:55:18 pm »

Have I mentioned dual tuner support? The ability to watch one program whilst recording another, PIP etc.

Not a major thing, but a nice to have...

Spoke too soon :-)

You guys are really on top of your game. Legends!  ;D

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #294 on: December 02, 2008, 11:33:04 am »

I just started using multiple zones again and came across two features I'd find extremely handy, perhaps others would as well.

1- Ability to use multiple 'Playing Now' Tabs, each showing a different Zone's 'Playing Now'.

2- Ability to "lock" two or more zones together, so as to use one Playing Now window to control all selected zones playback functions [stop, pause, add to playing now, etc].  Basically just sending the same audio 'stream' to all selected output devices/zones.
(yes I am aware of audio sync'ing issues between zones, and it's not an issue in my case as the zones are more or less acoustically isolated, I am only concerned with programming & control)
. . . the game is rigged

bendec

• Recent member
« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2008, 12:54:32 pm »

Matt
your sofware is great. However I do think that it would be very good to be able to remote control via UPNP the renderers that you have at home. Those renderer can already be hooked via the Media Serveur features and they can see and play the content. It would be great to be able to push what they play from inside MC13. You can therefore use your MC as a very sofisticated remote control and drive NOXON or Windows PC or whatever remotely via WIFI for example. I would be ready to pay for that!

I know that your are busy those days...

Thanks

Bendec

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2008, 02:22:19 pm »

SDK:
FastForward() and Rewind() with amount

FastForward(5) -> jumps 5 sec
FastForward(30) ->  jumps 30 sec

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2008, 02:13:27 am »

Burning an mp3 CD should also have file name rules like handhelds.

KingDoughnut

« Reply #298 on: December 10, 2008, 07:36:17 am »

Ok here is an idea in the OTHER direction

How about a JRiver lite....no not jukebox, but something aimed more towards audiophiles who are obsessive compulsive [rightly or un-rightly so].  Something that has a very small memory footprint, runs in realtime, provideds users the ability to tweak buffer enough to load an entire CD into RAM, features geared only towards music [no photo manager, tv, etc.], and other Audiophile features I am sure I am missing. 

Other portions of the normal JRiver could be available as module add-ons for a small fee.  This way users will get the exact JRiver they want with a smaller price of entry. The other features of JRiver are good enough to sell themselves, and those that don't sell would give JRiver a clue as to what features are not value added.

Well, how about it???

Maybe call it JRiverX

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #299 on: December 10, 2008, 08:37:39 am »

Something that has a very small memory footprint, runs in realtime, provideds users the ability to tweak buffer enough to load an entire CD into RAM, features geared only towards music [no photo manager, tv, etc.], and other Audiophile features I am sure I am missing. 
Under MC Tools/Options/General(?)/Advanced/Features, you may be able to remove some of the things you don't want.

I have trouble understanding why a program that runs in 50 to 60MB of memory playing audio is a problem when memory is so inexpensive.  If you're having any performance issues, please start a new thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up