INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuzzy search  (Read 1317 times)

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
Fuzzy search
« on: August 01, 2008, 09:41:14 pm »

Hello,

I would please like to know if there is any possibility with the existing stings for building up smartlist or searches to do something like a fuzzy search.
The problem I have is for example that I'm looking for duplicate mp3 files but there is in thousands of them for example only one character different.
So maybe it is possible to do some tricks with the search, that will what I'm looking for

... wonderful would be a search that compares the strings from different tags and gives back 99,5% similarity or 50% similarity or so..with this It would be a breeze to sort out duplicate albums that are existant becourse for example one has "albumtitle", the other "albumtitel (CD1)", and another one "albumtitel Vol1" in its album tag

many thanx..and sorry for my bad english, but I hope it is understandable

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Fuzzy search
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:58:29 pm »

There's another way to do this: use Track Lookup. If you have three copies of the same song, then track lookup would return the same title for all three, then an exact match would find it. You may have to submit the track first, if it doesn't already exist in YADB.

j

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 01:56:22 am »

If You are talking about the YADB track lookup feature - my experience is - it is completely useless to me. It finds about 1-2% of all my songs -  sorry to say that but I prefer to do some things external from MC.

mp3gain - to correct the volume for my mp3 player, and other programs like “traktor” mc can't do this with the analyzed volume tag info’s only used in mc.

tag&rename - to lookup complete albums, because the search function integrated to look on amazon etc. and automatic import the tags is priceless and time saving for me.
(mc's new cover art finder is directing that way but still only a beginning.)

Musicbrainz picard  - For tag information with completely miss-tagged files because to analyze a fingerprint for me is the best way to find everything about a song

...this three features build into mc and there would be absolutely NO other program at the market of mediaplayer/mediasuite be a rival anymore.
But still with large archives I think I have to use them all.

I see where mc is going with the new “napster” etc. Features - to make it a portal for buying music like itunes – Okay.
I recognized the effort of building support for TV, Pictures, Videos etc. into mc.
Its wonderful but I prefer a program concentrating on handling one type of data and this in all its shades. Thatfore I’m using acdsee, mediaplayerclassic and dvbviewer to handle the media big 3
There is no program on the market powerful as mc to manipulate tags – I tried over a dozen.
And also the free program version to only handle mp3 is a really nice step - but nothing of all this, I'm sorry to say that, satisfied my needs.

I and nearly all of my friends have large mp3 libs and we like to get some order in it.
We like to share them, we like to have information delivered from the net and on portable devices delivered from the tags inside the file. And we are all using the “media players” in different environments. I for myself am running a pub, and for years I was waiting to use such powerful program live while working.
Its impossible cause only one little feature is missing that I asked for two years ago, one year ago and so on. If we are doing a lifeplaylist and working with partiing people at the same time, we like to prelisten our search results to decide if we are going to play the searched song in the actual playlist over headphone.
YES I know I can do that..with zones. wonderful to always switch zones at a party..and don’t make a mistake and accidentally put a song in the wrong playlist/zone ;-)

NO – It’s not working. Just a simple button called “Prelisten song over headphonezone” or the possibility to define a doublecklick to hear only this time this song on the other zone would do the job.Your program would be the nr. one Joyce in over 20 pubs I know AND on EVERY party. What is drivin me mad is, that all the technical conditions are there. I just don’t understand why to exclude this group of customers .
(Okay now enough – I was just looking in this thread if I could find a way to eliminate my duplicates in a special way and now I made a “book” out of it. Sorry)

Many thanks for this wonderful program

Best regards Yossri Nadeem aka yooz

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 10:04:17 am »

If You are talking about the YADB track lookup feature - my experience is - it is completely useless to me. It finds about 1-2% of all my songs -  sorry to say that but I prefer to do some things external from MC.

Just a couple of months ago I finished merging the data for tracks and discs. It's not perfect, but it is better than it was before. We still don't have a lot of data for tracks, but you can help here.

Say you have 10 songs with the same fingerprint, and slightly different tagging info. You look up the first song, it might say it isn't there. Add it to YADB. Then when you look up the remaining 9, they will be there and they will get the same tag info as the first, making it easy to find them as duplicates.

j

Pages: [1]   Go Up