INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I do this in Media Center (.528)?  (Read 1152 times)

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
  • What if we built a Large Wooden Badger.....
Can I do this in Media Center (.528)?
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:01:23 am »

Running version .528 of Media Center and have some Apple Lossless files (m4a) that I want to convert to FLAC, so they are like all of the other files in my library.

I can play the files fine in Media Center, but if I try and convert them I get the following error message:

Failed to convert file, Please ensure the files exist and are of a supported audio format.

I know the file exists and should be in a supported audio format since I just finished playing it.

I also had the error if I tried to convert the file to MP3 (tried that just to make sure it wasn't a FLAC thing).

Do I need to use a different program to convert m4a files or can Media Center to it?

If it can do it, am I missing a setting somewhere?

I tried a search on this and found lots of other things, but not this, I'm sure I just missed it, so any help is appreciated.

thanks

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I do this in Media Center (.528)?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:36:33 am »

Are these be DRm'd purchases from the Apple iTunes store?

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
  • What if we built a Large Wooden Badger.....
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 10:14:57 am »

very good question, and one you would think I could answer.....but....

Got these from a friend of mine, he got them, didn't want/need/etc. them and sent them to me but didn't bother to tell me where he obtained them, big surprise there.

Is there a way to quickly tell if they are DRM'd?  In looking at the tags I don't see anything that "screams" that they are DRM'd, but what the heck do I know about apple lossless files?? 

Again, they play fine, just can't convert.  If they are DRM'd from Applle is there something I shouldn't be able to do to them, like update tags or something that will make it clear they are DRM'd and I should just get rid of them?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 10:18:58 am »

We try to steer clear of issues like this one.  Sorry, but I'm going to lock this thread.

DRM may be an issue for some, but so is "sharing" with a friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up