INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Zen W  (Read 1290 times)

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
Creative Zen W
« on: August 08, 2008, 06:09:10 pm »

Hi, I have a friend that has the Creative Zen "W", was just wondering if anyone has a link to a plug in for either J River Media Center or Jukebox  that makes it able to play the MP3 directly from the Zen rather than it seems copying them to a buffer or Temp Directly on the Hard Drive ( Play Directly same as an Ipod ), we have both looked around but have struggled to find anything to make it happen. Any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated......Cheers

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Creative Zen W
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:49:58 pm »

Hi, I have a friend that has the Creative Zen "W", was just wondering if anyone has a link to a plug in for either J River Media Center or Jukebox  that makes it able to play the MP3 directly from the Zen rather than it seems copying them to a buffer or Temp Directly on the Hard Drive ( Play Directly same as an Ipod ), we have both looked around but have struggled to find anything to make it happen. Any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated......Cheers

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Creative Zen W
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:22:33 am »

I believe Zen devices only appear as WMDM devices, not a drive.  That means Media Center can't play files from it.

There may be some firmware trick or similar to get to the harddrive, but I'm not aware of it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up