INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] Auto conversion when syncing to portable–ogg is being converted to ogg  (Read 1213 times)

yonkiman

• World Citizen

Hi,

I've got an ipod running Rockbox.  Have no trouble syncing with MC11, now I'm finally trying MJ12 (latest build).  I'm trying to sync some files.  I want everything on my ipod to be either ogg or mp3.  Anything that is not ogg or mp3 should be converted to ogg.  The problem is that it is transcoding my ogg files to ogg files when I try to sync!

I set everything up the way I thought it should be set up:

Conversion/Audio
    Mode: Convert unsupported formats
    Encoder: Ogg Vorbis
Files & Paths
    Supported Types: mp3, ogg

Did I miss anything?
Should "Supported Types" be formatted differently?  (I couldn't find any examples.)

Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

mp3;ogg  should work.

At least it works for me, but I don't know if it uses the OS level list separator format. Mine is set to ; in Windows Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Regional Options > Customize > List Separator

And yes, you are right, seems like there is no information about the correct list format.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

yonkiman

• World Citizen

mp3;ogg should work.

And it did!  Thanks!

At least it works for me, but I don't know if it uses the OS level list separator format. Mine is set to ; in Windows Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Regional Options > Customize > List Separator

Wow, that's the first time I ever noticed that control panel even exists!  MC/MJ doesn't seem to use it though - mine's set to ",", but "," wasn't working as a list separator (as noted in my previous post).

And yes, you are right, seems like there is no information about the correct list format.
Not yet, anyway...

Thanks a bunch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up