INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm out of control (KVM question)  (Read 1414 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
I'm out of control (KVM question)
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:24:27 pm »

So another installment to the Ben's latest story plot line...with a strange question thrown in as a bonus!  First post since 25 days ago!

On my drive home from California I stopped to the only Iowa Apple store.  I bought a Mac Pro and carried the 65 pound box by myself about a half mile.  Strangely enough I parked about as far away as I could have and then figured the walk would be good for me--forgot I'd be carrying a massive box.  Oh yes, and the escalator going up was disabled!  Everyone riding downward should have felt horrible watching me carry that massive box against gravity.

I'm out of control because yet again I took a step away from Media Center.  But, I should note that the good part of the story is that I'm keeping my good desktop, too.  So I ordered a Linkskey dual DVI monitor KVM switch.  Thankfully, I can still use Media Center on Windows but I do a lot of web development on the Mac end.  Quite honestly, I think I'm good with both operating systems.  I need both at this point.

My question is that on my PC side, the mouse seems to stutter a bit but is ultra responsive. In other words, if I click, I know it will go through--instead of a "well, my signal might get received" ... they always seem to get received, quickly, but just with some slight stuttering when moving the mouse.  It works fine on the Mac end.  Very strange indeed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up