INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: virtual sound driver(kind of)  (Read 8481 times)

yonu

• Recent member
virtual sound driver(kind of)
« on: September 02, 2008, 12:04:03 pm »

Ok here is my question I have a 6 zone audio system running using MC11 my question is this how can i set it up so that if something comes thought the default windows sound card will be feed over the MC zones now before it comes up I have the sound card driving an amp in each zone not a whole house amp at the source so i am kind of at a loss how to make this work.

Thanks,
Yonu

yonu

• Recent member
Re: virtual sound driver(kind of)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:59:53 pm »

come on now is there no way to do this that anyone know of

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 02:53:17 am »

You question is not exactly easy to understand.

If I understood correctly, you would like to reroute external sounds (like system sounds) that now go to the default sound device to one or more other sound devices.

MC does not have rerouting capabilities for external audio sources. The zone system can output and route only audio that comes from the played audio sources.

A program called Virtual Audio Cable would probably be able to do what you want. With it you can create a virtual audio device, set it to be the system default and then use its Audio Repeater program instances for routing the output (you would need to run one Audio Repeater instance for each sound card).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

yonu

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 10:25:06 pm »

thank you very much this seems like it will work fine.

again thank you

yonu

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 10:02:24 am »

well I thought it would work however since i use all the outputs on one card i can't seem to get it to work so I guess I am back to square one
Pages: [1]   Go Up