INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Theater View - Save Playing Now to a playlist using the on-screen keyboard  (Read 4356 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

leezer3

• MC Beta Team

I haven't noticed this before, but surely your keyboard should default to a minimum of the QWERTY layout?
Would be even better if it could auto-change with the system locale :)

Cheers

-Leezer-

MrHaugen

I haven't noticed this before, but surely your keyboard should default to a minimum of the QWERTY layout?
Would be even better if it could auto-change with the system locale :)

Cheers

-Leezer-

Though this looks really nice, and could potentialy be used for search and more, I totally agree with Leezer.
A layout of the system locale would be the best, but a qwerty layout is imo a minimum. Anything else will be hard to type on.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen

Keyboard is nice. Probably also desired for a potential search function and tagging. However, it is obviously very slow to use with a remote controller and potentially not very useful in practice.

Here is an alternative to consider:

Use number pad to enter cellphone type word completion. This would work particularly well for search since the database contains a corpus of words for candidates.

Well, probably too much implementation, so I am not sure if it worth the effort.

raym

• MC Beta Team

I really like this! It's been requested sooo many times and I think it's perfect. The QWERTY layout is not important for remote/touch screen use IMO. Alphabetical is arguably more suited to this purpose.

One thing I'd like to request though is the ability to change which folder the playlist is saved to. The default is "Theater View" and you can clear the entire string to store the list in the playlist root but I'd really like to define my own location. An option (for the default location) would be great, otherwise I'd be just as happy with a "\"  key which allows me to define my own "path" which gets remembered between sessions.

Other than that, very nice  ;)
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

ThoBar

• Was confishy

Option for qwerty.

That is all.

MrHaugen

Keyboard is nice. Probably also desired for a potential search function and tagging. However, it is obviously very slow to use with a remote controller and potentially not very useful in practice.

This will be great to use with Touch screens.

An option to use the SMS typing function would be great too :) It's already used to jump to Tracks in Theater View, so it might not be that hard to add this option....?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up