INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestion for what I'll call layout view  (Read 1849 times)

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
suggestion for what I'll call layout view
« on: September 13, 2008, 03:15:55 pm »

As i understand View Schemes, you can set them to remember things like displaying thumbnails,sort order, what to sort by etc.

One layout I like to use is a split view with a large thumbnail of the currently playing track on the left with artist thumbnails on the right. Let's say I then want to switch to non split view with the start menu showing. It would  be wonderful if I could click one button to do so, then click another to go back to my playing now layout.

edit well I guess this should have gone in the suggestions thread, please move.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: suggestion for what I'll call layout view
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 04:11:51 pm »

Hmmm... This is a very interesting idea.  So you mean some kind of "preset" function in the View-->Split View section, where you could save your current view (including splits, positioning, and open views) and give it a name?

Good idea.  That would be quite handy.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
Re: suggestion for what I'll call layout view
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:05:49 pm »

You could have pre-sets but the ability to create your own. Not just for split views but anything. I described how I like it when playing music, but what if I want to browse my newly imported music with thumbnails, sorted by date, without playing now showing, and the tree collapsed? One click could do it, and one to come back.  Think of it as taking a screen shot and saving it to be reloaded later, for anything you want.

When I first read about View Schemes, I thought that was what they did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up