INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aspect Ratio and Cropping Has Disappeared  (Read 1274 times)

Puffkin123

• Recent member
Aspect Ratio and Cropping Has Disappeared
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:17:29 am »

I've been selecting different aspect ratios for my different music videos, Streching, Cropping ect. But Outta nowhere All my videos went back to their default aspect ratio and I'm unable to change it from right clicking the video. Could I have accidently screwed with one of the filters to have done this?? I dont know what to do and I hope all my aspect ratios settings were saved.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Aspect Ratio and Cropping Has Disappeared
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:30:28 am »

Options such as aspect ratio are available only when playing video in DirectShow. What formats are your videos in? Could you have switched from DirectShow to another engine such as Quicktime?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Puffkin123

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 08:42:53 am »

They are in all different types of formats, mpeg, mph, avi, m2v, mkv, ect.. I was able to change their aspect ratio just a few hours ago except for .mp4 files.. I've been messing around with the media center alot, trying out different things so i might have switched something around by accident.. I dont know much about codec or filters.. besides just downloading the CCCP Pack and hoping they all work.. IF i did accidently change it, where would I go to change it back to directshow.. thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 06:03:55 pm »

Aspect ratio is not easy to mess up. The setting is saved in the database for each video. You should be able to see it by choosing Tag, and look for "Playback Info" tag. The tag contain a number of things so it may be hard to read. You should not try changing them directly in the tag either.

It is possible that you accidentally enabled "Use Windows Media Player engine for video playback when possible". It is located on DirectShow playback settings window (Tools -> Options -> Playback -> Video -> DirectShow playback Settings ...).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up