INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater room suggestions  (Read 1144 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Theater room suggestions
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:29:15 pm »

So from my other thread, we got some small Paradigm Studio 20 speakers for the main Great Room area.  It will be fabulous paired with a very nice receiver and LED backlit LCD.

Only three days later, we placed a major order with the same audio place, 25 minutes from home, ordering a complete 5.1 Paradigm package.  So we have started the ball rolling on building a full on theater.

In the past, I've spent many hours searching around for as many pictures as I can gather of ideas for what we can do with our space.  I've looked at probably a hundred or more.  But, want to ask for any additional suggestions from the group.  Any medium class and above theaters are welcome.  We are going crazy with the sound and getting a more modest, but still nice, 1080p projector and screen.  My main concern is regarding the room and theatrical environment because I have at least a week until we are even able to start moving on the room configuration to think about it.  There are tons of possibilities and we want to hash them out to make the best final decisions.  Of course our project manager, when he arrives, will be able to give ideas too but some preliminary advice would be great.

The front of the room is 14' wide and about where the seating will start is 11' wide.  Our depth is unlimited and we will put a wall up where it seems appropriate.  We are going to raise the second row of seating a foot or more.  We were planning on a theater type sofa seating piece up front with steps on both sides leading up to the second level, which will have either three very nice leather chairs or a thinner 4 seater couch.

Any links to theater pictures, directly posted images, written ideas, etc. would be great!  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up