INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now Playing always visible??  (Read 1379 times)

TheMusicMan

Now Playing always visible??
« on: October 06, 2008, 01:58:50 am »

Greetings,

I, like many others it appears, am a MMJB orphan and a MJ12 virgin. I liked MMJB up 'til about version 7 or 8, then they lost me. But I continued to use my antique version until just recently when all older versions seem to have been neutered.

I like Media Jukebox 12 and would like to grow to love it as I did good ol' MMJB. But I'm old and I don't have time to figure out everything, and besides, I can't find what I'm looking for.

When I'm looking at the 'Now Playing' pane, I remove all the extraneous columns that I don't care for. When I close MJ12 and come back to it, they're all back. I haven't found a way to make'm stay like I want'em.

Also, when I double-click on a song in the left-hand pane (Album/Name), it opens the 'Now Playing' pane and shows me the song, etc. As soon as I click, double-click or twitch in the left-hand pane again, the 'Now Playing' goes away and I have to actively display it again. How can I make it always visible, regardless of where else I'm clicking? Can I detach it and have it always in front.

OK, a more honest question for me is this: How can I make Media Jukebox 12 (a fine and wonderful program) look and act like my old MMJB? Or at least fool me into feeling like it?

Thanks.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Now Playing always visible??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:54:17 am »

When I'm looking at the 'Now Playing' pane, I remove all the extraneous columns that I don't care for. When I close MJ12 and come back to it, they're all back. I haven't found a way to make'm stay like I want'em.
This should not happen... Perhaps anyone else can help here...

Also, when I double-click on a song in the left-hand pane (Album/Name), it opens the 'Now Playing' pane and shows me the song, etc. As soon as I click, double-click or twitch in the left-hand pane again, the 'Now Playing' goes away and I have to actively display it again. How can I make it always visible, regardless of where else I'm clicking? Can I detach it and have it always in front.
Right click on "Playing Now" in the left pane (called "Organisation Tree") and select "Edit Playing now in Action Window". Then the Playing Now list appears at the down left side in the small window called "Action Window". There is now way to detach it.

If you want to change what happens if you double-click / start-playing a song you should take a look at Tools -> Options -> General -> Behaviour -> Jump on Play: ... and select the option that fit your needs.

OK, a more honest question for me is this: How can I make Media Jukebox 12 (a fine and wonderful program) look and act like my old MMJB? Or at least fool me into feeling like it?
I don't know a way for doing this. You may have a look at the skins for MJ, but this wont effect the usage of MJ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up