INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My experience with MC13, few bugs and a request  (Read 1194 times)

DaremoS

• World Citizen
  • Rock is not just music... is a way of living
My experience with MC13, few bugs and a request
« on: October 16, 2008, 12:52:12 pm »

I've installed MC13 from the first preview and I've love it from the very beginning. I've installed all the 3 previews.

I have a huge collection of music (around 60.000 files of all formats imaginable) which I've managed the last years entirely with Media Center, it seems that my first MC was MC9.
Nothing of my collection is done without MC (playing, cataloguing, editing, resizing, adding of cover art, moving, tagging, etc.) such amount of files are stored in 2 computers and lots of my music are recorded as MP3 in CDs perfectly numbered, the only task I don't do with MC is to record files in CD as want to do verification of data recorded (I use Nero Burning Rom).
I run an old Pentium IV of 1.7 mz. 768Mb of RAM, with normal HDD (no-SATA) around 570GB in one PC and 190Gb in the second one.

In this configuration, MC13 seems to me faster than MC12, which is enough reason to buy it.
I love the new screen with big cover art and I am trying to get familiar with the new scheme of views which is different than MC12.
I am not using MC12 anymore.

BUGS
- the line which is being played disappear from the screen where I'm working in complete data, correction, adding of cover art (all in tags), etc. after download the files. The line which disappear can or can't have been imported.
- sometimes when lots of program are in memory, the program hangs. It's better to work with few programs in memory.
- it haven't been solved the start of remote HDD. Then I need to open them all the time inside MC13 to make them available: display of cover art and playing.
- few bugs IMHO

REQUEST
- I work with CUE files for many lossless formats (FLAC, APE, TTA and WV) I've added TTA for winamp and works fine most of the time. It seems that WV plays with original codec.
If I play CUE file with FLAC, APE and MP3 it works fine, starting from the track selected.
If I play CUE files with TTA and WV it start always from first track, then it's not possible to select desired track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up