INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Made visually easier  (Read 1173 times)

vbrook

• Junior Woodchuck
MC Made visually easier
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:50:53 pm »

Hi There,

I appreciate there's that can be done with Windows and with the computer settings/screen size. But, when it comes to MC, does anyone have a comprehensive list of settings that would come in handy?

Moreover, two particular questions I had pertaining to the Theater View: I use MC on a 15" widescreen laptop connected to a home stereoThea. I find Theatre View to be the best possible display, visually. The text is good sized and there's isn't the clutter of library view (or the risk of pressing the wrong key and getting flooded with options/new screens). Also, if it matters, I use MC only for music and do not own a portable player.

1) The Theater View navigation cannot be configured to my liking. I understand this is to change in MC13? Titles are sorted alphabetically only, and in moving up and down within the hierarchy, sometimes the album organisation changes without warning.

2) Switching between 'playing now' and browsing albums/titles is cumbersome. Is there a remote control with buttons I can programme so that one button takes me to playing now, another button allows me to browse? The remotes I've seen need to be configured and will probably take some time getting used to. I've been slow to buy one, because I want to make sure I buy the best one for me.

A few other things that come to mind:

- Tabs are visually difficult / hard to see in the library view

- Album art limited to one image. If I could see the back or inside album cover, so many of my problems would be solved! My albums are all tagged, and I appreciate that looking at an image to see what's on an album is bit like 'going backwards'. But, I think that although databases have their place, I know my collection very well and having the whole cover to look at would be a big help.

- Buttons / menu items --- difficult to tell whether they're selected or not. Sometimes it's blue and selected. Sometimes it's blue and not selected.

Thanks for any advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up