INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Use Windows Media Player Engine" checkbox is gone and now I'm lost  (Read 2415 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile

I never spent any time with directshow filters because checking the "Use Windows Media Player Engine" box (under video playback) seemed to work for me.  Any help with viewing video with MC 13.0.69 would be appreciated.....

Current playback problems -MC Recorded video (jts) and my existing mpgs play red.  I can see the video, but its just different shades of red, and the aspect ratio is wrong.

VOB files still play fine.

I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 and the display adapter is VIA/S3G.  I'm sure I just need to get the filters set up correctly.  Right now I'm just dealing with mpg and MC recorded video.  BTW, playback after "pause" plays correctly when using timeshifting in MC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: "Use Windows Media Player Engine" checkbox is gone and now I'm lost
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 11:16:27 am »

In our Wiki, there is a DirectShow Guide, thanks to glynor.

You should be able to check WMP for playback still.

Matt is overhauling File Associations and Playback options, so configuration location is moving.  It's in Options/Playback/Video/DirectShow and in Options/File Associations (new location).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 12:46:20 pm »

I never spent any time with directshow filters because checking the "Use Windows Media Player Engine" box (under video playback) seemed to work for me.  Any help with viewing video with MC 13.0.69 would be appreciated.....

Current playback problems -MC Recorded video (jts) and my existing mpgs play red.  I can see the video, but its just different shades of red, and the aspect ratio is wrong.

VOB files still play fine.

I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 and the display adapter is VIA/S3G.  I'm sure I just need to get the filters set up correctly.  Right now I'm just dealing with mpg and MC recorded video.  BTW, playback after "pause" plays correctly when using timeshifting in MC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Try switching the "Video Renderer" for the file types in question.

Let us know what you find, as we may be able to improve our defaults for future users.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:21:05 pm »

OK...I found the WMP engine playback for mpgs under Options...File Types...and set mpgs to use WMP.  Thank you.  That worked for my mpgs.  I also set .jts files to both "automatic" and "JRiver engine" and they still play red.

Here are my results when changing the "renderer".  This is for .jts file types with no source filter and only the "JRiver bitrate monitor filter" under "other filters"

-Mixing Renderer 9 (no change....still all red with wrong ...really wide aspect ratio.
     -Legacy Video Renderer (black screen with audio...had to reset computer to get video back)
     -Mixing Renderer 7 (same as mixing renderer 9...all red)
     -VMR9 Renderless (good picture.  Aspect ratio was close to correct..still a little wide).  Couldn't get the display bar to work.  It would flash in and out when I moved the cursor to the top.

What should I try next for the MC recorded video?  Also, is there a way to record TV to an mpg file...without using the timeshifting?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 02:03:52 pm »

Take a look at CCCP in the DS Guide.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 02:23:27 pm »

Have you tried specifying an MPEG-2 video decoder for your jts files? Since you use Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250, you should be able to find "InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 04:10:24 pm »

There we go!  Thanks Yaobing.  The Hauppauge Mpeg-2 decoder did the trick.  I'm back in business.

Question: I'd like to serve my recorded TV programs up to my Tivo.  Is there a way to record directly to mpg instead of .jts files?  I swear I did get a "liveTV.mpg" file when I recorded this AM....but I can't seem to get back to that mode.  My recorded TV only goes to a "time shifting folder" with hundreds of .jts files.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 05:32:45 pm »

Recording to mpg directly will be made an option for some devices depending on whether you will have an MPEG-2 multiplexer. In general, and more likely, the option will be to record in avi or dvi-ms format. Stay tuned.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up