INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comment field data does not display in Customized View  (Read 1048 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Comment field data does not display in Customized View
« on: November 10, 2008, 04:28:59 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something.  I've created a new Library View with the top location set with "View As" as "Name Details".  Under "columns to show" I've added the Comment field.  The Comment column in the resulting view is blank.  I know the Comment data is there because I can search and it narrows the list according to the comment in the field...but the resulting "searched" list still shows the comment field as blank.

The same list in "panes" view scheme does show the comment data when I add the comment pane.  Please advise if there is something I can do to get the comment field to show with "name details".

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Comment field data does not display in Customized View
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:54:04 pm »

Is it possible there are comments for some files, but not the files in the current view?

You could make this smartlist to see all the files in your library with a comment:
-[Comment]=[]
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Comment field data does not display in Customized View
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:33:23 am »

Nope.  That's what I originally thought, but as an example...the same 15 files (which all have comment data) will show comment data in the bottom location....but not in the top location.  Wierd huh?

I got the view I wanted by choosing view as "panes & details"....group by "none".  And under Options, I chose "panes: dropdown".  This gave me the single pane listing I wanted....and the comment field works in this view.

Another strange happening: the ability to create new library views disappears.  Right click....Add library view...type a name...OK....yields nothing.  Same with View...add view...etc.  After exiting MC13 and restarting 3 or 4 times the ability to create new views returns.  I posted this in the bug thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up