INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You call this a beta?  (Read 995 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
You call this a beta?
« on: November 12, 2008, 06:03:14 am »

OK, I've been mostly out of the loop for quite some time, because I have been building a garage and done necessary work on my house that has taken much of the spring, all of the summer and most of the fall. I finally see the end of it all now. Which is about time, since I was very close to burning the stuff down instead a few times! So I downloaded the latest MC13 beta (which was 62 at the time). But gimme a break! This is not a beta in the traditional sense of the word. In the Microsoft sence of the word this is a RTM with SP 1 & 2 when it comes to stability in regular operations like library management, tagging and playback. So I have had it on all my production machines since this weekend, and there has been no fishy crashes or other problems. Which is why I salute the development team for a very good job! I waited much longer in the beta period before going from 11 to 12.

As for the new features my favourite is the tabbing, so I can have several views and Playing now open at the same time and quickly jump back and forth between them. With 12 I had to wait a bit to long for a view to update, something that may be related to the more than 100k tracks in my library... Also there are much eyecandy, like the new way albums are presented in the list. So far I'm impressed, so cudos to the JRiver boys!  ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up