INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: view scheme problem  (Read 1628 times)

andrewt

• World Citizen
view scheme problem
« on: November 15, 2008, 01:24:40 pm »

I'm using version 12.0.49, and for many of my view schemes (take my default genre-date-album artist (auto)-album, for example), I'll select an artist, select an album, but when I select another album from that same artist, the artist selection goes back to the top and I lose my place. Any ideas as to what's happening? Thanks.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: view scheme problem
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:50:41 pm »

Right click on the view scheme name in the tree area on the left side of the MJ window.  Choose "Edit View Scheme" from the menu.

In the dialog that appears, look for a checkbox labeled "Filter in both directions".  If this checkbox is NOT checked, selecting from panes works in a strictly left-to-right way.  If you select an item in the second pane and then select an item in the left pane, your selection in the second pane is cleared.

If this checkbox is checked, selecting from panes is supposed to work in both directions. However, J. river has not specified how the logic for adjusting other panes when something is changed in one pane.   I have found that the developers have changed the logic over time.  Frankly, I think they have made it worse lately.  Now it almost works like filtering in one direction.

I'd suggest doing two things:

- experiment with selecting items from panes in different orders to learn how the logic works. 

- If you understand how it works and still think it is wrong, post another message asking that the logic be changed.

Bill

andrewt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 12:05:04 am »

sorry, I don't think I stated my problem clearly. In my view scheme (genre/date/album artist (auto)/album), if I select an artist that has more than 1 album, select an album of that artist, and then select another album of the same artist, the artist pane (which is to the left of the album pane) is cleared. I don't believe this is supposed to happen (if the artist pane was to the right, then it might be a different story). I've noticed that this only happens when the genre and date panes (which are to the left) are cleared; if I select a genre, then an artist, then the album, I don't lose my place. Hope this cleared it up...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:03:58 am »

Did you try the "Filter in both directions" advanced option?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

andrewt

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 11:30:52 am »

Yes, I tried the filter in both directions option--it works that way, but I want to be able to select a different genre without having to reset my whole selection... I'd like to not have to use the filter in both directions option. If I'm correct, when I select an artist, then select one of his albums, and then select another of his albums, the artist should stay selected, right?

andrewt

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 04:49:48 pm »

Perhaps some screenshots will help explain my problem. I start by selecting an artist.

Then I select an album.

Then I select another album.

Notice how the artist selection reverts to the default, which it shouldn't. I have filter in both directions unchecked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up