INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 13 support for Cowon Q5W or 02 ?  (Read 1488 times)

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
  • What if we built a Large Wooden Badger.....
MC 13 support for Cowon Q5W or 02 ?
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:16:03 pm »

Looking at one of those 2 products from Cowon (Q5W - hard drive based, 02 - flash based) and was wondering how well MC 13 supported and recognized those 2 devices.  I would imagine the 02 support would be limited at best being it is so new, but thought I would check.

thanks

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 13 support for Cowon Q5W or 02 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 05:30:54 pm »

I'm curious about the Q5W as well (I need the larger storage size of the hard drive player), although it looks like this player cannot browse by tags, which would be a deal breaker for me. Does anyone have any info on this.

On this note, am I correct that there is currently no plugin for making MC run on a Windows CE device (like the Q5W)?  It would be great if we could actually run MC itself on a device.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 05:53:54 pm »

cwilliams222,

I don't know if this matters to you, but I just read that the Q5W does not offer gapless mp3 playback, i.e. it either does not pre-buffer the next track, or it does not remove the extra samples added by the mp3 encoding, meaning that songs without spaces between them do not play back this way (which is a nightmare for fans of bands like Pink Floyd or Genesis.)  This is an absolute deal breaker for me.

Larry

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 06:06:09 pm »

lalittle - thanks for the info.  Good news to know, but not a deal breaker for me (yet).

Anyone in the forums using either of these Cowon devices?? Wondering if they are good and work well with MC13...

cwilliams222

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 01:17:38 pm »

So...no one has any experience or thoughts about the Cowon 02 or Q5W??

What about the Archos 5 or 7?  They also look good, have up to a 320 GB hard drive, look good, run Linux, but don't seem to support as many formats (although it looks like you can buy some add-on's to add on some additional playback support)...
Pages: [1]   Go Up