INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Playback Options  (Read 1343 times)

piccirilli

• Recent member
Music Playback Options
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:23:49 am »

I am a new user of MC, and love it already.  Within an hour, I had it loaded on my PC, my networking Denon 3808 recognized it and played music that was stored on my PC.  Denon's GUI will display playlists and folders from the MC libraray, but it's very basic compared to the nice  MC console displays.   How do I program audio playback option so I can control it from my PC and have it play on my Denon?   Currently, it will only playback on my cheap computer speakers, unless I use the Denon GUI.  Is there a workaround so I can control everything from my PC?  I understand there is a web based application, but I"d prefer the Theater mode display.  Any suggestions? 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Music Playback Options
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:49:54 pm »

Glad you like MC.

I don't have any experience with the Denon 3808, but I'm not aware of any way to tell Media Center to send a song to a device short of the device requesting it.

I do this the old fashioned way -- my computer is hooked to a stereo using SPDIF.  I pick things to play on the computer (or with the computer's remote) and it sends a decoded signal to the amp.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

piccirilli

• Recent member
Re: Music Playback Options
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:39:50 am »

It would have been nice if there was a way to do this.  Unfortunately running analog audio output from my PC  to the Denon home theater would be a step backwards.   :-[
Thanks for responding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up