INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin compatibility with MC13 and new tagging system  (Read 1700 times)

bugmenot

• Recent member
Plugin compatibility with MC13 and new tagging system
« on: November 27, 2008, 10:51:00 am »

Hi,

I have made a plugin for myself which helps me to tag my library. I have read that the tagging system have changed alot in MC13, does it changed something in the SDK?

Side note on the new tagging system is the fact that when I will import my library in the new MC13, will the tag will rewrite by itselft the good way removing the COMMENT tag. I mean is it done for all the library automatically while import or do I have to explicitly tell MC to do it?.

Also I would like to know if my plugin is automatically compatible with MC13 or I have to change compatibility version or something. (Want to know before trying and scrapping all my library :-)

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Plugin compatibility with MC13 and new tagging system
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:56:14 am »

The database format has changed.  The MP3 tagging is a little different.  You'll have to try to find out.  Back up your library first.

bugmenot

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 01:15:01 pm »

I use the SDK to write tag like :

IMJFilesAutomation mcAlbum;
mcalbum.Set(counter2, "Genre", parser.Album.Genre);

If you changed the database, did you change accordingly the Library  to take that in account?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:48:38 pm »

You should be fine using the MC API to do this kind of stuff, as it will handle the actual tagging of the files. You're only instructing it on what to do. MC knows how to do it.

If you were trying to write to the file tags and/or MC database yourself, then you'd probably run into trouble.

bugmenot

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 01:31:16 pm »

Ok right for SDK but is there an updated DLL of SDK for MC13 which include the modification for tagging system. Because I still use the compiled dll of SDK for MC12 which currently uses the old tagging system. Maybe the SDK uses methods embeded in MC, but sources is not open I  have no way to know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up