INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUE File Follies  (Read 1195 times)

skowarsky

CUE File Follies
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:18:40 pm »

I have read many posts on this subject, but few answers.  I cannot figure out why MC12 recognizes Cue files sometimes and not other times.  I have experienced that for CDs ripped with MC12, sometimes the Cue file gets imported, and sometimes not.  I have studied the successful and unsuccessful Cue files at length to find the difference, and I don't see it.  Sometimes just letting it sit overnight solves the problem.  MC12 eventually decides to recognize them.  Most Cue files that were pre-existing in my library are NOT recognized by MC12, and there seems to be nothing I can do to get them recognized.  On the other hand, MC12 seemed to beautifully recognize a fairly large library of WV files I have just acquired, except that appearances can be deceiving:  I have found that for these files, each track in the MC12 library actually points to the whole recording, rather than to its Cue section.  This is REALLY bizarre.  So I have a nice list of the tracks, but I cannot access them as tracks.

If there are answers to this mystery somewhere, I would sure appreciate being pointed to them.  Thanks.

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: CUE File Follies
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 01:59:35 pm »

Possibly poor or incorrect formatting of the cue files. If you could post a couple samples of cue files that do work and those that don't, along with a directory listing of ALL the files in the corresponding directories (i.e. \\directory\dir /b /o:n), maybe I can help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up