INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Albums View Scheme  (Read 1376 times)

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Favorite Albums View Scheme
« on: December 11, 2008, 08:24:53 pm »

What is the simplest way to create a Favorite Albums view scheme based on either Ratings or Number of Plays, I don't really care which at this point.

I would like to limit the number of albums to maybe 25 or 50.

Thanks,
Rob.

RobOK

Re: Favorite Albums View Scheme
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:48 am »

Here's what I did...  I created a view that selects 25 full albums that have one song with a rating of 5.  Okay for now, although when I see what comes up I think my judgement may have been off in giving out too many 5's!!! LOL.

I found the view definition okay, but would have liked the file selection to be on the main dialog box, it is as important as sorting so I don't know why it is under "Advanced".  I guess that thought is that a user might be copying an existing view and just wanting to change the appearance, but I think the use case is more likely that you are changing the selection if you are going to the trouble of creating a view scheme.

I am liking MC13, this is the first I have been able to spend more time with it.

Rob.

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 05:00:19 pm »

Here's what I did...  I created a view that selects 25 full albums that have one song with a rating of 5.  Okay for now, although when I see what comes up I think my judgement may have been off in giving out too many 5's!!! LOL.

I found the view definition okay, but would have liked the file selection to be on the main dialog box, it is as important as sorting so I don't know why it is under "Advanced".  I guess that thought is that a user might be copying an existing view and just wanting to change the appearance, but I think the use case is more likely that you are changing the selection if you are going to the trouble of creating a view scheme.

I am liking MC13, this is the first I have been able to spend more time with it.

Rob.

I did it differently, using the Album Rating field. You should know what your favorites are, and to me a favorite album may have songs in which some of the individual songs are not 5 stars but are needed for the context of the album. You just select all the songs on an album and give them a 5 star Album Rating. And if there happens to be a song that you just hate, don't give that song the rating.

You can of course use your existing ratings to help determine favorite albums.

RobOK

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 08:55:11 pm »

Is Album Rating an existing field, or one that you added yourself?

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 01:07:55 pm »

It already exists. Right click where the colums are for Artist,Name Album, all that add check it, you can then  move it left or right to where you want it.

I'm not sure if the default is 5 stars, if not go into options/library fields/manage library fields and change to Integer and 5 stars
Pages: [1]   Go Up