INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When burning an audio CD, how do you tell how many discs will be needed?  (Read 1523 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

As the title says, I'm unclear how I can tell ahead of time how many discs will be needed when burning a collection of songs to a CD.  MC simply says "insert blank CD," but it doesn't indicate that there are clearly more songs than will fit on one disc.

Thanks,

Larry

mole

Re: When burning an audio CD, how do you tell how many discs will be needed?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 04:28:46 am »

I use Express Burn (freeware) which tells you if you have insufficient space on your disc and invites you to remove tracks. The space available (minutes) on the disc is shown and the space required for the tracks you have listed to burn is shown.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:14:17 am »

Other apps like Nero do this as well (i.e. show available disc space when setting up a burn.)  I've been trying MC for some of the tasks that I've previously used Nero for, however, and I am not able to find this feature.  I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if it just doesn't do this.

Thanks again,

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 09:34:07 am »

I think you may need to insert a blank disc before creating the burn queue or refresh the queue after inserting a disc. MC needs to know the disc size. The most common size is 700 MB, but there are other sizes too. A 700 MB disc can hold hold 80 minutes of audio.

... or maybe MC13 is different. Here's a screenshot of MC13:

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up