INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I save images from (remote) Library Server to (local) computer  (Read 1887 times)

Shasta Mcnasty

• Junior Woodchuck

I use J River on multiple computers in multiple locations (in particular, both at home and at work).  One acts as the Library Server, all the others are clients connecting to that Server. 

I occasionally want to copy an image that's stored on the (remote) Server to the (local) client machine.  If I just drag-and-drop it from the MC client to the desktop, I get the (Windows) error message "Error Copying File or Folder, Cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk."  I can't find any menu command of the flavor "save image to local disk".  I have found that I can sort of do it through "Send to > Gallery > Local Web Gallery" but that's a clunky way to go about it.  Is there a better solution? 

FYI, the client machine doesn't have Windows Networking or FTP access to the Server machine's hard drives, so I can't copy the images that way. 

I am running MC 12.0.534 and Win XP Pro SP3. 

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I save images from (remote) Library Server to (local) computer
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 12:59:03 pm »

On the client machine, add a local folder as a virtual handheld device and then sync.

That's the quick and dirty basics, shout if you need more detailed setup help.

-marko.

Shasta Mcnasty

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How do I save images from (remote) Library Server to (local) computer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 07:30:37 am »

That works, much better than "export to local web gallery", thanks! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up