INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Library (From Tags) Issue with Date/Year  (Read 1442 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Update Library (From Tags) Issue with Date/Year
« on: December 16, 2008, 08:48:56 pm »

I'm using an ID3 auto-tagger to update a slew of files. When I go to update the MC library via the new ID3 tags most fields update properly (Artist, Album, Composer, Lyrics, etc...).
The fields that I'm not getting to update are the Date and/or Year fields, which makes this all frustrating because the Date/Year fields are the real reason I'm trying to auto-update this hunk of songs.

So, are there any oddities (such as non-standard ID3 fields) to the way MC12 handles the Year and Date fields? Any thoughts as to how to get this data import to work. Any recommendations for a good (free) ID3 viewer that might help me figure out what's happening?

Thanks a bunch,
JB

Oh, the auto-tagger I'm using is Jaikoz.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Update Library (From Tags) Issue with Date/Year
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 08:57:47 pm »

You can see a full tag dump in the Format section of the Tag Action Window (click the first line).

Media Center stores both the year and a high-resolution date in the tag.  If you change only one externally, the high-resolution date will be used on import.

Removing and rewriting the tags would be one way around this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Update Library (From Tags) Issue with Date/Year
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 09:34:29 pm »

Certainly not an ideal solution, but it looks like it should work as long as I'm careful to keep track of which files I move where.

I suppose since the hi-res date is a default field there is no way to change the on-import action?

On to rambling time now...I have to chuckle at myself, because two months ago before I'd met MC and this handy forum I couldn't have even attempted this tagging effort and now I'm sitting here getting grumpy because it's going to take an extra 5-10 minutes for the lot of it...  :o

Anyway, thanks for the work around...

JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up