INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last.fm favorites?  (Read 1616 times)

e-head

• World Citizen
Last.fm favorites?
« on: December 18, 2008, 02:35:14 pm »

How about a way to sync your 4 and 5 star tracks with your Last.fm's "favorites" list? Sound interesting?

I had thought of adding all the Last.fm tags to a local MC database field, but the tags are usually so all over the place.

Of course, the best web services app of all time would be one that syncs your tracks to allmusicguide's styles and genres, but I don't think they would take kindly to that.

bugmenot

• Recent member
Re: Last.fm favorites?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:31:59 pm »

For AMG some exist but distribution is prohibited. You can build your own tho and keep it for yourself.

For Last.fm idea, I would say it could be a nice feature suggestion for the already existing Last.fm plugin. An option in configuration (a checkbox) that say every song played and flagged 5 star, push it to favorite.

But I think this would be impossible since Last.fm is based on scrubbler (or something like this) and the only thing you can do with this is send what you are listening. So I think you have no way to send favourite.

e-head

• World Citizen
Re: Last.fm favorites?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 10:17:22 am »

For AMG some exist but distribution is prohibited. You can build your own tho and keep it for yourself.

I'm sure somebody has made something. It would have to be an html parser I suppose (hardly ideal, and easy to break), because they don't have an API that I know of.

But I think this would be impossible since Last.fm is based on scrubbler (or something like this) and the only thing you can do with this is send what you are listening. So I think you have no way to send favourite.

Actually, they do have an API call that lets you favorite any track (whether currently listening to it or not). I whipped something up quick and dirty just to check it out.

I totally agree that it would be best if it was incorporated into the last.fm plugin. I looked around for the source code but couldn't find it anywhere, so assumed it was closed source. You could "catch up" by just queuing up all your 4 or 5 star songs and playing them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up