INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rules that use 'playlist': the list of available playlists isn't accurate  (Read 1705 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Is there a way to regenerate my list of playlists?

I ask because when I try to create a rule to filter on a playlist, two odd things happen:

1 - there are 2 items called "Playlists" under the list of fields (both of which produce the same list of playlists); and
2 - the list of available playlists is very old and is includes non-existent playlists and excludes all the new ones.

Note: it doesn't make a difference if the playlist is in a playlist group or not. To test, I created a new playlist in the Playlist root, and it still doesn't appear as a selectable playlist in the filtering list.

So I guess at some point my list of playlists got disconnected with the program, and I'm wondering if there is some way to regenerate. It would also be nice to get rid of the duplicate "playlists" item in the list of fields.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Rules that use 'playlist': the list of available playlists isn't accurate
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:11:44 am »

Odd.   I wonder if you have two of these:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Library\playlistx.jmd

You could try restoring a recent library.

Joyeaux Noel, Lise.

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: Rules that use 'playlist': the list of available playlists isn't accurate
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:52:52 am »

I had a few in different folders (backup folders, etc) but only one in my main library folder.
But here is where things get interesting indeed...
I deleted them all, including the one in my main library folder (I made a copy).
Went back in MC, and, as expected, all my playlists are gone.
However, I then went to add a rule to one of my view schemes, and lo and behold, there are still two "playlists" fields, and the list of available playlists for both is still the old list!

I can't really restore a backup, because I fear this problem is very old, and I would have to go too far back.

Perhaps there is another file I could test, the one that is used by the smartlists?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team

Just to end this thread... it turns out that my Custom2 User Field was named Playlists and thus the grief I've been getting. I deleted that, and now all is well.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Pages: [1]   Go Up