INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC13 ID3 tagging features?  (Read 1263 times)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
MC13 ID3 tagging features?
« on: December 23, 2008, 12:09:31 pm »

I think i read something about new ID3 tagging features for MC13 in a thread somewhere, but i can't find it anymore. Maybe some kind soul can point me in the right direction, the forum search isn't working very well with short search terms like "id3" or "tag", i think (or i'm too stupid to use the search function correctly).

I think what i read is that MC13 is no longer using custom ID3 "Comment" tags (like "COMMENT MEDIA JUKEBOX: DATE", for example) for saving it's metadata. The other thing i'm quite sure i read is that MC13 is capable of mapping "real" ID3 fields to MC fields. If i remember correctly, and this is true, then it should be possible to have, for instance, "real" MusicBrainz fields ("MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ARTIST ID", or "MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID" for example) in MC, right?

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC13 ID3 tagging features?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 06:17:19 am »

I think I read that id3 tags are fully supported. Other than that I can not comment on the possibilities here.....

Have you tried the advanced search option? http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=search;advanced;search=
It's under the MC Home and Wiki links and then Advanced.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 06:50:57 am »

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 04:46:49 am »

Thanks, marko! I think that's the thread i was reading. It seems i was hoping for too much with the "mapping of MC db fields to arbitrary ID3 tag fields", though. But that's a different discussion. (;
Pages: [1]   Go Up