INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing MP3 into MC12  (Read 1067 times)

Charlies Comic Books

• Recent member
Importing MP3 into MC12
« on: December 28, 2008, 12:44:41 pm »

Media Center 13 kept crashing so I went back to MC12.  When friends loan me burned discs of MP3's I can play them but once I remove the disc the tunes are still listed in the library but the player tries to find them on the absent disc.  How do I transfer them into the library permanently?  I've tried cut and paste, and drag and drop with no success.  The only method that has worked is to convert them to WMA which is an inferior format to my ears.  Any help?-------------Peace, Charlie

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Re: Importing MP3 into MC12
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 02:33:22 pm »

If the disc was burned only as a Data Disc rather than an Audio CD (the files appear as mp3 files) you can merely copy the files to your hard drive and MC will be able to play them.

If you have a disc that was burned as an Audio CD, you need to use the 'RIP DISC' function in the 'Action Window' at the lower left-hand corner of MC. That will 'rip' the actual music from the disc and into your PC as files that can be played in MC.

Unless I misunderstood what you have now is only a record of the disc and it's tag data, and not the actual files.
. . . the game is rigged

malcolmm

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Wad Up! I'm a simple man :)
Re: Importing MP3 into MC12
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:20:15 am »

Charlie

Regarding your opening comment - it crashed repeatedly with me too! Runtime Errors were reported.

I went back to MC12 but today have taken note of Jim's message stating that it's time to move onto MC13 - so I've bitten the bullet and re-installed MC13. So far so good - I suspect the issue has been fixed.

It's a great platform from which to organise and categorise your music eh!

TIP Find yourself a nice big spot on your HD and store all your mp3s there - ripped from discs/turntable or whatever. Treat this area as your database and treat Jim's Media Center as your index.

Hope this helps... Mal from Cessnock (Au)
Cheers, Malcolm
Pages: [1]   Go Up