INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billy Joel...followed by Paul McCartney...followed by another Billy Joel song  (Read 1498 times)

callen21

• Recent member

I've noticed that when listening to my Media Center 12 I will hear a song by a particular artist followed by a different artist...followed by the artist that just played (but a different song) only a song ago.  It does this a lot.  I figured if I had it set to "shuffle" it would actually shuffle enough artists without repeating them so quickly.

Being a former radio disc jockey, I'd really like to go in and set up a rotation clock giving some artists/songs heavier rotation than others.  Is that possible?

JONCAT

Strange, could you elaborate on the number of file in the view scheme and the settings in the DSP? I assume the total number of files in your library makes this event rather unexpected?

DC

callen21

• Recent member

I am using the Standard view with a little over 8,000 songs split into various playlists.  I have 6 playlist groups with some subgroups in there.  I have the DSP set to do an aggressive cross-fade at -1 between tracks and have it set so it does not play silence.

JONCAT

You could build some Smartlists to avoid the same artist being played in excess IIRC....

I don't notice the same behavior with my library and I use shuffle all the time.

DC

Pages: [1]   Go Up