INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Tools anomally - the apparent loss of a useful feature  (Read 1120 times)

malcolmm

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Wad Up! I'm a simple man :)
Library Tools anomally - the apparent loss of a useful feature
« on: December 30, 2008, 07:40:12 pm »

JimH and friends - Seasons Greetings

I'm one of those anal guys who likes his database to be ALL in lowercase. Told you I am quirky :)

With MC10 and previous versions I used to change entries in Windows File Explorer and Media Centre manually until I discovered Library Tools/Clean File Properties. I was over the moon with this discovery but I still had to change file names in Windows File Explorer manually - not to worry a perfect database imho was worth the effort.

Now, in MC12 and the brief experience I had with MC13 (until I removed it due to runtime library shutdowns) I discovered when I tweaked new entries using Jim's great library tools "Clean File Properties" to force newly ripped files into lowercase to my amazement it also changed the source files in Windows File Explorer to lowercase too! Once again I was over the moon. The change was preceded with a warning of what was about to happen. Now for some unknown reason the warning of pending change has ceased along with the change. So once again I go into WFE and manually change uppercase to lowercase.

JimH and others, got any idea why this great feature has gone and how I can get it back?

JimH, congrats on a great program for organising and playing my mp3.

BTW I now have over 6500 all ripped at VBR (extreme) all with album art and fully tagged. I'm spinning  :D

Cheers, Mal from Cessnock (Au)
Cheers, Malcolm
Pages: [1]   Go Up