INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 keeps resetting tags  (Read 1354 times)

jetsetter883

• Recent member
MC12 keeps resetting tags
« on: December 31, 2008, 02:23:31 am »

Hello everyone,
Just downloaded my trial of MC12 and as the title suggests, everytime I change tag info through MC12, it insists on resetting the modified tag info whenever i click Sync or Recheck Sync. This includes info such as fixing capitalization, removing unnecessary data such as 'year' and adding album art etc. Is there anything that I am doing wrong? The method I am using to add songs is drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer then I will typically clean up the tag info however MC will 'un-save' my changes shortly after I make them. Sometimes even if I click to another view etc (such as Album view, Artist view etc) the changes will have reverted when I go back to view the contents of my Ipod.

Should I be adjusting tag info before adding to Ipod?  What about cover art?  It is more simple to make necessary changes from within the software than from outside of it so I prefer to make tag changes, add art etc from within MC.

Please advise!

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC12 keeps resetting tags
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 06:37:29 am »

I assume that you're only using one copy of MC and not with a copy on a server, etc.

MC stores the information in both your MC library and (optionally) in the file itself.  The option is something like "Save tag changes to file".

You can update in either direction by selecting files and using the Library Tools.  Try a few before you do many.
Pages: [1]   Go Up