INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 13.0.101: View artwork fails under certain conditions  (Read 2059 times)

Dirhael

• World Citizen
13.0.101: View artwork fails under certain conditions
« on: January 02, 2009, 08:23:12 am »

As requested by JimH, here's a new topic with my bug report. My original post was as follows:
Was meaning to report this previously as the bug have been there with any 13.x.x builds I've tried, but now I finally remembered it as it would appear that it has gotten even worse (this might just be something I'm imagining though as I didn't really test that much in the past).

The bug happens if you browse the library, click any album, open the tag dialogue and click on the cover art so that the image box opens with the artwork. If you now right-click the artwork and choose "View (first file)" then MC13 will not show the file, but instead popup the following error message:
Quote from: Media Center 13.0.101
Media Center was unable to play any of the files.

Please make sure that the path in Media Library points to the right location and that the files are not being filtered by Access Control.
This does not happen if you try the same procedure from the "Now Playing" view.

Now the reason I mention that I think it's getting even worse is that now (didn't experience this in the past with other builds), by doing what I described above, MC13 is stuck with a permanent title (in taskbar, task manager etc.) of "Media Center (Images)" and restarting or playing different files from different views (audio,images,video) does not restore the original title.
EDIT: It would appear that the reason the title changed was that it somehow got switched to another Zone. Don't know if it happened due to the reported bug or not, so it would perhaps be best to just ignore that part of the report for now.
EDIT #2: I can now confirm that the new window title is caused by the same bug/problem. I removed all but my default zone, restarted MC13, followed my own incstructions from the bug report and could observe that MC created a new Zone called "images" on its own and switched to it.

Seeing as JimH was unable to reproduce this (I have a 100% success rate on this, so something's going on) I decided to make a short screencast of what's happening:

(Click to view Flash)

Also requested was some details about the file, and here's some for the one I'm showing in the screencast (this happens with every single file I've tested with though):
Code: [Select]
General
Complete name                    : E:\Downloads\Musikk\A\AC-DC\If You Want Blood [1978]\02. AC_DC - Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be.mp3
Format                           : MPEG Audio
File size                        : 9.58 MiB
Duration                         : 4mn 10s
Overall bit rate                 : 320 Kbps
Album replay gain                : -3.45 dB
Album replay gain peak           : 0.852199
Album                            : If You Want Blood
Part/Position                    : 1
Track name                       : Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
Track name/Position              : 2
Performer                        : AC/DC
Genre                            : Hard Rock
Recorded date                    : 1978
BPM                              : 129
Cover                            : Yes
Cover type                       : Cover (front)
Cover MIME                       : image/jpeg
Date                             : 28491
Intensity                        : 3
Style                            : Hard Rock, Live
Tool Name                        : Media Center
Tool Version                     : 13.0.91
Totaldiscs                       : 1

Audio
Format                           : MPEG Audio
Format version                   : Version 1
Format profile                   : Layer 3
Duration                         : 4mn 10s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 320 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Replay gain                      : -4.55 dB
Replay gain peak                 : 0.000000

---

Hope this helps :)
:: My J​RMC history :: 13>14>15> 16>17>18>19>20>21>23>24>25>26>27>28>29>30>31

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 13.0.101: View artwork fails under certain conditions
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:53 am »

What is the value in the "Image File" column for these files?

Thanks.

(p.s. I think you get the prize for snazziest screen-shot!)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 04:00:01 am »

What is the value in the "Image File" column for these files?

Thanks.

(p.s. I think you get the prize for snazziest screen-shot!)

The artwork is both embedded and saved as folder.jpg, but the "image file" column says "Inside File." The strange thing is (as I mentioned in the OP), the same files are causing me no problems at all if I do the exact same thing from the "Now Playing" list.
As for the screencast, I just thought it might be easier to explain the problem that way :)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 06:52:53 am »

Can't reproduce it here either  :(
If you've got a sample of one of the files in question, please could you upload it somewhere?
I'd guess at an odd/ corrupt tag somewhere in the mix- Several of these type of bugs have been fixed in the past.

Few things I've noticed though, may help in chasing this down-
If I try your steps with playback stopped, Playing Now clears, and changes to the album image. IMHO this shouldn't be happening, as this image should only be related to the MP3 file in question.
Further to this though, if you stop playback of the image file, and try starting it again, this fails with the file not found error message.

I've attached the log from that session of playing about, may or may not be of use :)

Cheers

-Leezer-

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 08:56:30 am »

Had to go over my collection to find something I was free to share as I'd like, but I found a few albums and zipped down one of the files.

Download here (9.42 MB)

I didn't even think to generate a log, but after reading your post I got right on it and here is the resulting file. Hope this helps :)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 10:08:55 am »

Your MP3 doesn't show the bug at this end, so I'm not sure what's happening where  ?
I can't see anything particularly interesting in your log either, so it really needs one of the developers to look into the precise process of whats happening where.

Cheers

-Leezer-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 10:29:58 am »

Does the artwork show in Playing Now for the visualization if you choose "Cover Art"?

I'm wondering if Media Center thinks there's internal art, but can't extract it for some reason.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dirhael

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 10:55:51 am »

Does the artwork show in Playing Now for the visualization if you choose "Cover Art"?

I'm wondering if Media Center thinks there's internal art, but can't extract it for some reason.

Absolutely, there are no problem at all with the cover art display or even the 3D visualizations utilizing the cover art in "Now Playing." The problem, as far as I can tell, only occurs if I try to use the "View (First File)" function from the "Image" box that opens if you click the mini-artwork that shows in the tagging dialogue/box, and only when I'm in a view such as "Panes" or similar.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning again is that every time this problem occurs, MC13 creates a new zone called "Images" (always the same name) and switches to it. If I repeat the process and I hit the problem again it will create yet another zone with called "Images" and will keep doing so each time this happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up