INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library is somehow corrupted. Stack error?  (Read 1377 times)

Sharp1

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Library is somehow corrupted. Stack error?
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:38:30 am »

I have a good sized library (somewhere around 1200 albums), and I have started having issues that seem to coincide with when I started using the stack functionality to keep my family's iPods in sync.  I am using 12.0.534 with my library on a NAS.

First off, I have NEVER been able to find the stack files to clean them up.  I am also concerned that the stack files are out there somewhere, since they are not in the location I specified, nor are they in the default location with the original.

Now I have songs that keep coming back after I remove but don't delete the files from the library. 

And I have a bunch of files that have been added to the library multiple times without my intervention.  I probably have an old library backup, but then I would have to use auto-import to get the files since the backup since I have no idea what would be missing, and this would still give me some of the issues above.

Has anyone else had problems with the stacking functionality, or have any pointers that could help clean up this mess? 

I may have to start a new library and just re-import everything and avoid stacking at all costs.  While stacking sounds good, that would be preferable to wasting iPod space by having multiple copies of the same file accidentally uploaded. 

I also don't want to pay to upgrade software I feel makes managing my collection MORE work than it used to.  (And possibly more work than that crappy iTunes SW...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up