INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Radio (in Atlanta, Georgia)  (Read 1318 times)

gt93grad

• World Citizen
Internet Radio (in Atlanta, Georgia)
« on: January 18, 2009, 04:55:58 pm »

Any idea why I can't get ANY stations in Georgia?  I can get them in France and Norway, but not Georgia, where I live.  Actually, it seems to be a problem with ALL major US stations...  Do they block them?  Is there any way I can get to them?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Internet Radio (in Atlanta, Georgia)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 05:37:58 pm »

Are you talking about just in MC or period?

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 07:00:25 pm »

I don't think they work in either case (unless I go to the website and click "Listen Live"), but I want them to work in MC.  For example, pjotr gave me a great link for world stations:  http://www.vtuner.com/vtunerweb/static/staticBestSound1.html

A lot of them work, but I can't get any major stations in the US to work.  College stations maybe, but that's about all.  I'd like to get WKHX and WKLS in Atlanta to work for example.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:18:17 pm »

I believe this is now the second thread you've started on exactly this topic, to which no-one else has been able to provide a method other than the one I suggested in your previous thread. Is installing FF and a couple of plugins that difficult when it should get you what you want in no time at all?

It's up to you, but in the time it's taken you to start and respond to these threads, you could have had what it is you are seeking...

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 05:57:51 pm »

OK, OK, maybe I'll check out FF.  Geez. ::)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 06:14:21 pm »

MC doesn't appear to pick up streams from that site for some reason when you set it as a web media page.
Comparitively using www.reciva.com does work, add it to your Web Media pages in MC, then search for any of the stations on that page and it should work.
Make sure MC is set to open ASX files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up