INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simplify Media Plugin?  (Read 3698 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Simplify Media Plugin?
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:29:18 am »

Just wondering if anyone else uses simplify media to stream their music over the net?

I know that MC can act as a library server, but for some reason my computer at work hasnt been able to connect to my server at home for the last few months. My iphone is able to connect to the simplify media software which is running on my same server though, so I have been listening to my music that way. Would be cool if someone made a plugin for MC to be able to connect through Simplify Media. Currently it seems only winamp and itunes have the plugins.

JONCAT

Re: Simplify Media Plugin?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:33:10 am »

I installed it last week. Sound quality is okay. I'd like to see search and maybe a user selectable conversion bitrate.

The app loads pretty quickly. I installed because the firewall at work wasn't working for me, but when we moved to a new building, I have now have access to my home machine via Library Server.

DC

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 11:09:20 pm »

i too would love to see simplify media plugin for MC.
As it is, I've had to 'allocate' on of my home pc's to iTunes, just so I can get music on my iphone.

MC is still my media center of choice, but it's getting harder and harder (yes I KNOW its all Apples fault, but if the dev community can stay ahead of Apple with innovative plugins for MC, all hope is not lost...ignoring the iPhone is just sticking your head in the sand, I know as I've avoided it until now and my experience since Friday has shown me, it's the future).

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:31:44 pm »

I would also love to see a simplify media integration with MC14.

thanks,
Osho

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 01:54:02 pm »

I would use this also, since MC can't run on the iphone.

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 02:23:14 pm »

I now have a data plan for my iPhone 3GS and Simplify has been working well serving up .flac files on my way to work. No drop outs whatsoever.

I can tell when the bitrate drops due to bandwidth; Simplify informed me that it auto-detects bandwidth and transcodes accordingly.

I told them I would like to see an option to enable only lossless or at least an icon informing you of the bitrate.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up