INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any way to revert back to 12 after trying 13?  (Read 1708 times)

jetsetter883

• Recent member
any way to revert back to 12 after trying 13?
« on: January 22, 2009, 01:58:20 pm »

So I downloaded the new MC13 build and quite honestly there were a bit too many.. well.. unnecessary.. (for me) changes from MC12 for me to be comfortable using it. For example, I can't get the audio library to look anything like the MC12 one. All im able to work with are large thumbnail icons and panes etc. I just want to be able to view a simple list like when I view my device. I don't really need any of the 'fancy view' options that MC13 seems to favor. Also, I counted several times for reasons unknown that I was required to sync the ipod a second time since after the first sync it would still say 'In Queue' on my device.

I have both MC12 and MC13 installed at the moment and when I tried to open 12 I received the message that my device data is in an older 'Unknown' file format and that I may have to resync my Ipod (??)

I am wondering.. is it possible to revert back to MC12 (for the time being) without losing my data? Should I be worried about any of the cautionary messages that have popped up in both MC12 and MC13 regarding newer/older data formats?

Please help :/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: any way to revert back to 12 after trying 13?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 02:40:00 pm »

I believe your are seeing a "thumbnails on top & grouped list on bottom" view in MC13. You can change to the old text based panes & details view in "Customize View".

You don't need to anything to revert to MC12 since you already have it installed.

MC13 may use a different format when it writes the iPod database file (I am not an iPod expert). If your iPod previously worked with MC12 you should be able to clear its contents and resync it with MC12.

You can still keep MC13 installed and evaluate the new features from time to time. Just don't sync the iPod with MC13 if you want to mainly use MC12.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jetsetter883

• Recent member
Re: any way to revert back to 12 after trying 13?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 03:03:35 pm »

Hm, thing is I have already synced a few albums using MC13 and clicked 'Ok' on the dialog that came up telling me that MC13 writes data in a newer format. So if I go back to MC12, wouldn't that corrupt my data?

Also, please understand that I do not work with libraries or playlists so I do not have any 'mirrors' of my ipod tunes in any Media Center libraries. I simply drag the songs to my ipod and do all the tagging from there. Of course when I drag songs to the ipod, the songs also show up in the media library where I just delete them from (since I really only care about seeing them on my device as opposed to libraries etc). So basically, the only way to view whats on my ipod is to view my device.. no playlists, no libraries etc. So I'm not sure if re-syncing is an option (since there is essentially nothing to re-sync from). Does that make any sense?

Anyway, I just want to go back to MC12 without losing everything as that would be a catastrophe! My concern is basically going back to MC12 and not confusing or corrupting my ipod since it is now (I believe) 'calibrated' to MC13.
Pages: [1]   Go Up